We started out the day with a delicious breakfast parfait with strawberries, yogurt, and bran buds. Now, I don't love all yogurt. I really don't like how some have an almost bitter taste. My sister Robyn introduced me to The Greek Gods and it has been a real breakfast life changer!! You really need to try it. You can get it at Target or Smiths, but I have found it is a dollar cheaper at Smiths. :) It is creamy, sweet, and delicious. Also, if you pair it with the bran buds, it is a super filling breakfast! Anyways, my day was off to a great start.
We then headed to Utah Lake with my family for a morning on the boat. We had such a great morning in the sun watching my Mom and Dad ski and my brother Devin jump the wake on the wake board. We then blew up the tube and spent hours going on tube rides. I went with Kelsi and Alysa (we had a more gentle ride) and then Matt went with Devin and Brady. On our way home we stopped in for an ice cold shaved ice! Although the water at Utah lake isn't the most appealing (talk about BROWN), the water is warm and the mountains provide beautiful scenery. We definitely had a fun morning!
Matt's dad has been in town this past month, and so after our time on the lake, Matt picked up his dad and hit Cascade for an afternoon of golf. In fact, Matt was happy to report that he beat his dad, which has only happened two times in his life.
While Matt was out golfing, I really tackled our laundry and house. Although this isn't a super fun way to spend an afternoon, I always feel so happy to have a clean house!
For dinner I planned to make homemade pizza (using our pizza stone that we got for our wedding and have only used once so far) but by the time Matt was on the way home from golf, I was just finishing up cleaning and decided I didn't have the patience to make one tonight. I took the easy way out and asked Matt to pick up a pizza from Little Ceasar's on his way home. You gotta love $5 Hot and Ready!
For our date night Matt came grocery shopping with me! It certainly wouldn't be most efficient to have him come with me EVERY week, but we had such a fun time together. We even discovered a gift card to Maceys from our wedding that we were able to use. I thought it had $10 on it, but once we got to the checkout we were happily surprised to find out it has $25 on it! Let me tell you, that is such a great surprise! We are thinking of doing that to the next person we give a gift card to, just so they can experience that thrill at the checkout.
After getting groceries we went to the park and played some basketball. We like to play "Pig" but Matt plays to "pig" and I get to play to "horse". I was not on my A game yesterday and lost every game! Normally I win a couple! However, Matt is tall and has long arms and so he has a huge advantage! To make it up to me for winning every game, Matt pushed me on the swings for a little bit.
We then ended the day by watching a new movie that had arrived from Netflix. It was my turn for a chick fick, so I choose "How do you Know". I honestly don't even know if it was good or bad, I fell asleep so fast. That seems to be happening to me lately, I fall asleep the second we start watching a movie.
That was it. That was our day. It was nothing that took lots of planning or money, but it was one of the best days. I love being able to hang out with my husband!

No comments:
Post a Comment