When I was in highschool I went through various phases where I wore make up at every extreme- from cake face to almost nothing at all. Like most teenage girls, I struggled loving the skin I was in. Some mornings I would get all ready and look in the mirror then sigh thinking I wasn't having a good hair/makeup day. However, I discovered a trick. Instead of focusing on what I didn't like about that particular day, I focused on something good that I could see. It really felt like taking off one pair of glasses (that saw the flaws) and putting on a fresh new pair (that could see the good). It made all the difference! This is really when I learned how powerful perspective could be.
Today I woke up thinking this was my last day of "freedom" for awhile before I began working and going to school again. I was dreading thinking today was the last real day of my summer. I wanted to spend every moment doing things I wouldn't be able to do for awhile, like craft (I made lots of cute cards over at my parents!), deep clean my house, and relax. While I was doing the relaxing part of my checklist for the day, I was catching up reading many of your blogs. I was so impressed by the many things so many of you have accomplished. By the end of my relaxing portion of the day, I had a whole new perspective on this next year. This isn't my last day of "freedom", it is the day before I jump back into life. That may sound like the same thing, but I love life. I love being productive and getting things done. I have so much to be grateful for. I have been given so many opportunities in my life and I know many more exciting opportunities are ahead this coming year.
Here is a peak into the next year of mine and Matt's life:
I got a new job at doTERRA! I am so excited because this is a job that relates so well to what I am learning in school. I am the business marketing assistant and I start tomorrow at 9:00 am! I have been using many doTERRA products this past year and love everything about this company. This is such a blessing of a job because it is part time right now while I finish up school and then can potentially be a full time career for me when I graduate. Not to mention- it is right down the street from my house. Talk about convenient!
Matt has a job painting with his dad, another blessing of a job! I love that my husband knows how to paint. One day when I have a house of my own...haha we are going to have some beautiful walls. Anyways, this job is PERFECT for Matt because he can work full time now and then have extremely flexible hours during the school year. We are talking like 5-8 hours a week here. Matt's life is going to be full of many hours at the library once school rolls around.
School. School. School.
Matt begins the junior core of the accounting program. This is the big year for him to do well in here people. I feel like we say that every semester. Okay-you just need to have awesome, amazing grades this semester and then it's downhill from there! We are saying that once again this semester, however, it might be true this time. This is the really steep hill in the marathon that everyone dreads, but step by step, those that push through make it up the hill. Lovely analogy, I know. :) But seriously, THIS is it. And darn it, we are making it up that hill!
I am beginning my senior year in the Business School. Last year all my classes were general business classes, but this year my focus is all on my emphasis: Marketing. I know, I have been super back and forth between OB/HR and marketing for my emphasis, but I when I began at BYU my dream was marketing and that is what I am back to. Today I am promising myself that I will really enjoy this year and not spend every day hoping April could just come a little sooner. It is such a blessing to be receiving an education at BYU and I want to really enjoy it this year.
Balance.
I am never that great at striking and maintaining a perfect balance in life, but this year I am going to work extra hard at it.
Matt + Church + School + Work + Exercise + Clean Home + Healthy Meals + Enjoying Each Day
= Happy Megan
Wish me luck! That is one hefty equation if I do say so myself!
That is what is coming up ahead, but today... life is simply beautiful.

Megan this was such a good post! feeling very inspired by your positive attitude! you guys are such a cute couple and i love reading your blog! you guys are going to totally rock this school year. good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteI have such a wise little sister! : ) Love you
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post Megan. You are a winner any way you slice it. Good luck with your busy year. You have a great perspective on life!
ReplyDeleteYou're an inspiration! I love your positive outlook and can't wait to hear more about how your year goes. :)
ReplyDeleteI love your equation! Balance is key in helping us maintain a positive perspective. Good luck! :)
ReplyDelete