Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tribute to the Teens

My teenage years have literally flown by and somehow I am turning 20 tomorrow.  This week my mind  has reflected on each teenage year I experienced.  Nostalgia is an interesting thing.  I feel like I have relived all my teenage years this week. It's amazing how much a person can experience, grow, learn, and change in 7 years.  Here's to being a teen.
Enjoy watching me grow up!  
13
8th grader at Shanghai American School-Pudong Campus 
Anne in "Anne of Green Gables"
Basketball, Soccer, Rugby, Floor Hockey- I played it all 
First time I said "I luv you" to a guy. LOL
Class trip to Lijiang, China
Family trip to Brisbane, Australia and Guam, USA
Got Braces
Best Friend: Megan Ortwein 


14
Freshman at Shanghai American School-Puxi Campus
JV and Varsity Touch Rugby
Rugby tournament in Manila, Philippines 
JV Basketball
Catherine in "Pippin"
Class trip to Xian, China
Family trip to Bali, Indonesia and Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Way too many crushes on way too many boys! 
Woke up at 4:30 AM every morning to get ready before 6:00 Seminary and School
Still had braces
Best Friend: Jillian Smith 

 15
Sophomore year at Mountain View High School- Orem, UT
JV Cheerleader
Ran 100, 200, and 4X100 relay in track
Cheerleading Competition in the Kodak Theater in LA, CA
Participated Center Stage Youth Performers
Driving Permit 
First Kiss! 
In Bethlehem on Christmas Day
Saw "Wicked" in NYC
Trip to Shanghai, China with Robyn
Still had braces
Best Friend: Kylie Pittard






16
Year 11 at the Knox School in Melbourne, Australia
Year 11 lasted 3 months, we moved half way through the school year...
Started year 12..youngest 12th grader I knew! 
Met Matt for the first time...he was Elder Jensen
Uniforms 
Girls basketball team
In the "Patterson" house- think Harry Potter
Member of Pengana Voices 
Girls camp in the "bush"
Drove on the opposite side of the road
Mary in "Saviour of the World"- Australia Edition :)
First date with Jake at MVHS's Preference
Year 12 Formal with Kent 
Still had braces...
Best Friends: Alex, Kat, Allona, Amanda, and Kylie still of course




17
Finished year 12 at the Knox School
Robyn got Married
Muzzy in "Thoroughly Modern Millie"
Braces came OFF!
Prefect at the Knox School- this meant I could give "demerits"
Graduated High School!
Awarded for excellent academics in Health and PE/Fitness :) 
Mini Mission to Wodonga, Australia
First semester at BYU
BYU's Women Rugby
Dated an RM for the first time...scary business!




18
Sophomore Year at BYU
Ran half marathon with Robyn
Workshop assistant at Center Stage Youth Performers
Started dating the RM Matthew Jensen
Fell in love with Matt
Matt became my whole world
Christmas in Australia
Disco Inferno at the Scera
Trip to Florida with Matt--He proposed! 
Hari Kirshna-Festival of Colors
First "real" job working at Coverstar of Utah
Wisdom Teeth Removed











19
Junior Year at BYU
Another year as workshop assistant at Center Stage Youth Performers
Student in the Marriott School of Business
Married my best friend on October 15, 2010
1st Honeymoon to Park City
2nd Honeymoon to Playa Del Carmen Mexico
Erica got married!! 
Disney Cruise with Family to Bahamas
Drove to Alaska with Matt and spent a month living there
Moved to Mississippi for the rest of the summer
Loving every minute of being married to Matt!







Thanks to all my family, friends, and teachers around the world who have given me so many great memories of being a teenager!  Twenties here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment