Matt's BYU ID Photo, I thought it was fitting. :)
We have a huge cause for celebration in our little family! Yesterday we found out that Matt was accepted into BYU's Accounting Program! Matt was out working when he got the email that the decision had been made on his application. We submitted his application in late April, so this email had been anticipated for many weeks! Matt wanted me to go online and see what the decision was, but I was at the pool and was not being attentive to my phone. So, he went online and as he was waiting for the page to load on his phone, his hands were just shaking. All the while, I am sitting in the pool chatting away with my good friend Bobbi. When I looked at my phone and saw the 4 missed calls from Matt and a message saying, "Meg, please call me, it is really important", I was SO worried that something had happened to someone in our family! So I called him right away and asked if everything was alright and that's when he told me he was accepted! We both were so overwhelmed with gratitude that we shed a few tears. Words cannot describe how proud I am of him. From the day he got home from his mission, 2 years ago, he had a goal to get into the Accounting Program at BYU. He started school at UVU and worked hard there to get the grades needed to get accepted into BYU- the first step. Then we waited in anticipation to see if he was accepted to the Y-which he was. Then this last semester at the Y he worked so hard taking most all the Accounting pre-req classes in the same semester- not an easy task in the least. It has been a journey of hard work to get to where he is at, and it will continue to require A TON of hard work in the program. It is just the start for us, but I know he can do it! I am so grateful to be married to such a smart, hard working, (might I add- good looking!) man!Tonight we are going to Longhorn Steakhouse to celebrate! That is if his car group driver doesn't get pulled over again and he gets home in time! (I was hoping to go last night, didn't happen) Cross your fingers for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment