Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Week of Thanksgiving

This post is long overdue, but we had such a fantastic Thanksgiving break that it has to be recorded! I know, sometimes I get in a typing frenzy and go on forever.  This will be a quick overview, I promise.
  • Baby Shower for Erica + Robyn in Logan with my Farnsworth aunts, cousins, and both my grandmas.
  • Thanksgiving Day with the Davis Clan. So much good food and good conversation. Matt loved throwing a ball with Brad. He has a really good arm. I am serious. I bet my husband can throw a baseball farther than yours.  Matt and I shared a bottle of sparkling juice and watched football that morning while we made our contribution of mashed potatoes, green beans, and pumpkin pie cheesecake.
  • Black Friday Shopping, Lindley style.  (AKA, sleep in a little, enjoy family scriptures and a pancake breakfast, and then shower and hit the shops by 11:00 AM!)  I'll have you know we got some great deals at Gap that expired by noon that day.  
  • Lunch outing with mom, grandma, and sisters at Marley's Sliders. Cranberry, Pulled Turkey Slider....Delicious. I am craving it now. Seriously.
  • Afternoon crafting at Color-Me-Mine.  So fun! Even though it's official that I received NONE of the art talent in my family.  I am not kidding.  It skipped me.
  • Another Baby Shower 
  • Family outing to see the lights at Temple Square, the new Joseph Smith Movie, and enjoyed a family dinner at The Roof.  We had the perfect view of the temple and the capital.  It was breath taking.  Rolls, whipped honey butter, honey baked ham, mashed potatoes, creme brulee.  Absolutely amazing.
  • Provo Beach Resort. Matt almost won our mini-bowling competition but lost to Coleman in the finals.  A rematch is definitely in order.  I think we ended up having well over 1,000 tickets from the arcade games.
  • Lunch at Malawi's Pizza with all the kids.  Reese's peanut butter dessert pizza = heaven in my mouth.  I promise we ate salad and pizza too. I don't eat ONLY desserts. :) 
  • Lots of laughs as we looked through photo albums at my Grandma and Grandpa Lindley's. My Grandma Lindley has made scrapbooks of us from the time we were born. My mom loved the theme photo shoots. The sailor theme was a definite favorite. 
  • Dinner with the family and Grandma and Grandpa Lindley at Hamilton's in Logan.  I am convinced they have the BEST ceasar salad ever. Matt loves their french onion soup. We also shared a huge steak. So GOOD.  
  • Church with Grandma and Grandpa Lindley.  My cousin Ryan gave a great talk! I enjoyed going to Sunday School and Relief Society with my Grandma.  Not an often occurrence.
  • Baby blessing of baby chase.  My cousin was born with down-syndrome and hasn't such a sweet spirit. We love him! We were so happy we could attend his baby blessing. 
  • Family luncheon at my aunt Maria's.  More good food.      
I guess this wasn't so brief. I should have just said good food and family, that would have summed it up nicely.  
It was such a wonderful Thanksgiving break! 

 Erica, me, Kimber, Jessa, Robyn 
at Erica and Robyn's Baby shower
Haley and me at Marley's.
Erica and Kelsi at Marley's
Lights at Temple Square, so COLD!

View from our table at The Roof

2 comments:

  1. Good report Megan. You did such a good job at the YW in E last week. You are a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post - however, I must say I look a little like a chipmunk in that picture...
    I'm so excited to see again in a week and a half!

    ReplyDelete