It's been awhile since I've posted anything on this blog. We have been busy enjoying our last summer in Utah before we pack up and move to Illinois in just a few weeks.
Despite the hustle and bustle of our lives I have realized I will be sad if I look back and don't have a record of Blake at this stage. So this post is all about Blakey.
He is a full blown, running, jumping toddler now. He has very strong, clear opinions and likes to get exactly what he wants. (Heaven help us when those terrible twos roll around!)
Getting him dressed has always been a chore, but recently he has been much more willing when I have let him pick out his shirt. He always picks his shirts that have some sort of animal or vivid colors on them. His bird shirt, shark shirt, treasure chest shirt, and Rome shirt and currently his top pics.
His favorite activity is turning on the Hope of America CD and dancing with aunt Alysa. He usually runs around, spins in a circle, and tries to copy Alysa's moves. One day Matt came home from work and saw them dancing.
Blake is extremely helpful. He loves putting the soap pods into the dishwasher and helping load the silverware. He also always puts his clothes in the dirty clothes (when I ask him) and his diapers in the diaper pail. He is very smart and if I ask him to go get me something he knows what to do.
Blake's favorite snack is dry cereal. Life and shredded wheat in particular. He has a little baggy of cereal with him each morning on our morning walk.
He is a great eater but always eats tons more in the morning and at lunch than at night.
Blake's vocabulary is growing each day and has grown to include words like 'surprise,' 'hair cut,' and 'apricots.' He can say mom and dad, but insists on calling both me and Matt mom. He also used to call my mom 'that mom' for a while.
He LOVES reading books. He loves pointing out things that he knows like horses, cows, flowers, shoes, butterflys, owls, and fish.
After a busy summer of mission farewells Blake is just starting to go to nursery. After a few weeks of having grandma in there with him he finally went the entire time by himself this last week!!! I was so proud of him!
He really is growing up and learning (at a very small level) about his agency and his ability to make his own choices. Sometimes he is so proud of himself with the things he does and other times he gets hurt. I pray every night we can help teach him to make good choices in his toddler years and in the rest of his life to come.
Walking into church.
Helping pit the apricots. He really can take the pit out and put it in the right bowl. He loved helping.
Eating breakfast standing on 'his' chair. He refuses the high chair and won't let any one else sit on this chair.
Hat head! He loves being goofy and taking selfies to send to dad at work.






I loved all the pictures! He sure is a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable! I am so stoked for you guys and Illinois, what an adventure that will be! I don't think I have your phone number Megan, will you email it to me? kierratheurer@gmail.com
ReplyDeletehe is sooooo handsome! Love the stories
ReplyDelete