Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Big Changes Coming Our Way

Life has been so predictable, comfortable, and enjoyable over the last few years. Matt has had a great job (with very flexible hours), college life was tiring at times, but always satisfying, and life as a stay at home mom has been a dream come true for me. Living next door to my family has been nothing but ideal. My  little sisters are so much fun and I love spending time throughout the day just visiting with my mom. Not to mention all the morning walks we have gone on with my parents and evening meals we have shared on their back patio over the last few months. I have loved and soaked in every moment of this life because I knew big changes were heading our way. But they were always a ways off.... many months away, weeks away, nothing to think too much about.

Time has now passed (much too quickly) and we are on the very cusp of many great, exciting, and kind of scary life changes. Papers will be signed in less than a week and we will be new home owners in Naperville, Illinois. Yep, that also means boxes are packed and we are in the final preparations to move in just a few short weeks. By the end of the month we will be situated in our new home and Matt will have started his new job.

This is a very good thing for our family and we are very blessed to have this opportunity. Matt will receive invaluable experience as a public accountant in downtown Chicago, I will (hopefully) learn to be more independent and make new mommy friends (without my mom by my side/next door and my husband home every afternoon), and Blake will be able to learn that people outside our family are not all scary. It is a great opportunity for our family to learn and grow together and to really rely on each other in this new situation. But it is a little bit scary to make such a big move and I would be lying if I didn't say that sometimes when I think about it too much I have tons of nerves and anxiety. I've moved around a ton in my life but my parents were always there making the big adult decisions and making sure us children had everything we needed. Now Matt and I are the big adults and we need to make sure our children (yes, children) have everything they need.

Speaking of children.... Surprise! If you haven't heard already, baby number 2 is well on it's way to our family. We are so thrilled. This baby will be born in Naperville towards the end of February. I had such an easy delivery with Blake that I am very nervous to go to a new doctor and have this baby at a new hospital....but I definitely have faith and am trusting that the Lord will look out for us.

Like I said... Lots of new, big changes for us. New city, new house, new job, and new baby. 

I'm sure my blogging will pick up once we are settled and Matt is working long hours. So until then, I'm going to continue enjoying my predictable, comfortable life! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I can totally relate to everything that you just wrote. The last year has been that big change for us (minus the job--since we are still in school). But moving away from family and friends is definitely a challenge! Especially when you are also expecting another baby!!! Hooray! That's so exciting!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new baby! You're right- big changes are in store. You will both do great. Think of it as an adventure! Good luck to both (all) of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We deeply love and respect your family, your goals, your adventures. I'm sure great blessings await you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is hard but changes good congrats on the new baby we are excited for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Megan and Matt! Congratulations on #2! Onward and upward. All the best to you both.

    ReplyDelete