Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Count Your Many Blessings, Name Them One By One

I cannot believe it is November already.  I seriously have no idea where the year has gone, but I am thrilled because this is my absolute favorite time of year!  It doesn't get much better than crisp morning air, mountains topped with snow, trees full of yellow leaves, and Christmas is coming just around the corner.  This year I love fall for a whole new reason.  It was the season I was able to marry my best friend in the temple for all eternity.  I am sure I will be blogging about different details of our wedding for some time to come, probably more than any body would ever want to read.  However, right now I just want to write about all that I am thankful for.  

When Matt and I were driving up to Sundance on our honeymoon night, after a very long day of wedding celebrations, we couldn't stop talking about all that we have been blessed with.  Here are just a few of our many blessings: 

  • We are so strong together. We help each other and support each other.  Just a quick side note: last night I was so stressed because I got home at 8 after a long, draining test and had to then write a paper for my history class.  To say the least, I was burnt out.  My amazing husband offered to make our sandwiches for our lunches today to help me out.  Matt is so helpful and works to help keep our house clean with me.    
  • We both come from amazing families that support and love us unconditionally.  Not to mention, we live within 5 secs to my parents and 5 minutes from Matt's mom's family.  It is so nice to be so close to loved ones!     
Not the best picture, but we are all there.
My mom and sisters. Welcome home Erica!
  • We are blessed with more material blessings than we actually need at this point in our life--Thanks to our parents and wonderful friends for helping us establish a great start.  For anyone who has recently been a newly wed, you know that this is a HUGE blessing. 
  • Matt got into BYU!! He found out the night before we got married!!  This is a huge blessing for both of us, but I for one and SOO grateful that we will be going to the same school next semester!  I cannot wait to be able to take some fun classes together. I just can't get enough of that boy. :)
  • One of Matt's favorite blessings is that we have two TV's, each with all the sports channels.  He loved watching the baseball World Series this past week.  Me, not so much, but it is something Matt really enjoys.  
  • One of my favorite blessings is our fully stocked kitchen.  We were absolutely spoiled by all our wonderful family and friends.  This is one piece of my kitchen that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  

I could go on and on, but I should probably start listening to my entrepreneurship lecturer. 
Life is good.
  


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. You forgot to mention that you are so grateful that your favorite sister and brother-in-law live upstairs : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, cute! I like your post. I'm also excited that you and Matt get to take classes together next semester. A little healthy competition doesn't hurt either :) haha

    ReplyDelete