*Matt and I went on our honeymoon to Playa Del Carmen Mexico in December. We explored ruins, snorkeled in Xel-Ha, went to church in Spanish (neither of us speak Spanish), and spent many days laying on the beach.
*In January I was called to be the ward primary chorister. When I got called, I had no idea where I was going to find the time plan singing time lessons for each week and how I would ever be creative enough to survive! For those of you who know me, I have all the creative intentions in the world. I will see a cute blog post, go buy the materials to make it, go through the steps, and then it will look NOTHING like it is supposed to and I will just end up going back to the store and buying a decoration instead. I don't have many artsy-creative jeans in me. However, through the help of my Savior, the worlds most perfect teacher, I has learned little by little how to teach the sweet children in my primary. I have learned it isn't all about the fun props and games (although they certainly are great for keeping attention!), but it is about helping them feel the love their Father in Heaven has for them. Primary Songs have a great power to them, they can bring the spirit so strongly and touch the hearts of even the littlest child who doesn't yet understand fully what the lyrics mean. I will probably post more on this later, I could go on and on...
*In March we vacationed with my family in Florida and the Bahamas. We went on a Disney Cruise and loved going on family bike rides (all 13 of us) through the jungle, snorkeling (this time without as many fish as in Xel-Ha), seeing the fabulous shows aboard, and eating WAY too much.
*In April my time was consumed with many things, but mostly participating with Center Stage Youth Performers as we put on the show, "Beauty and the Beast". I have been a workshop assistant there for the past two years and each April we put on a musical production. This year we had 85+ kids, 6-18 years old casted in our show. It was quite the production to get each child dressed and on stage for each number, but we did it! The show ran for just over a week, the last week of April. It was such a great experience to see these kids support each other and pull together to put on a great show. How I love Center Stage, but am so grateful we get a rest until it starts up again in August.
*In April I also finished my junior year of college. Only 2 more semesters of school + 2 online classes until I graduate April 2012! I can see the light! The end will come! For those of you who don't know, I am studying Business Management with an emphasis in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources.
*In April I also finished my junior year of college. Only 2 more semesters of school + 2 online classes until I graduate April 2012! I can see the light! The end will come! For those of you who don't know, I am studying Business Management with an emphasis in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources.
Now after all that, life has brought us to Alaska. That sounds simple doesn't it? Don't let the phrase "life has brought us to Alaska" fool you, it was no simple journey getting here. But that is another story for another day. The husbands home and I am more than ready to eat. If you are hungry and don't know what to make, try the Tortellini Spinach Bake in Creamy Lemon Sauce from Our Best Bites. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells amazing. (I don't have an oven in Alaska so I placed it in the crock pot for a couple hours instead of baking it for 30 min..) Here is the link: http://www.ourbestbites.com/category/recipe-index/pizza-and-pasta/. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment