Right before we left Alaska, Matt and I discovered Goose Lake. (pictured below)
I looked this lake up on wikipedia. In the description it said, "Goose Lake has or had leaches in their water." Super comforting right? I want to just dive right in!
Anyways, that is not why we left Alaska, to get far away from the leaches. One morning we woke up and felt like we really needed to be down in Mississippi with the sales team Matt was with last summer. We couldn't shake the feeling and just had to act on it. Plus we are young, and don't have any kids yet, so a move across the country isn't such a big deal. Right?
As much as I loved Alaska and am so grateful for our time and experiences there, I am LOVING the south. It sure is hot and humid, but every time I walk out my door I think for a second I am in Hawaii or something! I can love the heat because I have the option to sit by the pool or stay in an air conditioned apartment. My hard working husband however is working in the heat each and every day. I am so proud of him. There are many things I love about Mississippi. Here are some of them:
- Southern Charm. It's a real thing. Everyone is SO nice here.
- It feels like summer. I get to eat otter pops all day.
- There are so many wives that I get to play with each day. At least six of us were married within the last year. It is fun to have fellow newly wed friends.
- The architecture. The houses, the churches, the boutiques, did I mention the houses? I love driving around and seeing all the beautiful homes, big and small. I am getting great inspiration for my future home!
- The greenery. I had NO idea Mississippi would be SO green! I guess I really do come from the desert. In Utah, our highways are not in the middle of lush greenery.
- I have a dishwasher! Never mind that it leaks while it is running, I have a dishwasher for the first time in our married life!
Here are some pictures of my adventures here. The first week I didn't have my battery charger for my camera, so the first two are compliments of Bobbi! (Thanks Bobbi!)
Out for a wives day in Memphis last Saturday.
We may have stopped in Sephora and had a little fun...
Red lips anyone?
Heidi, Bobbi, and Me
Saturday is our day of outings it seems.
Today some of us went to lunch in downtown Oxford, MS. They call it The Square.
Old Venice Pizza Co.
It was yummy.
After lunch, we walked around and window shopped in the cutest boutiques! Too bad the pillow I fell in love with was $120. I'll have to learn to make one just like it. I am sure it can be done for under $10 somehow. Oh wait, I need to learn to sew first. One day. :)
We then landed upon a cute little candy shop! My favorite!
M&M, Megan and Matt. I missed my other half while out and about today. They work long hours on Saturday.
Heidi and Me displaying the beautiful M&M case again.
Me, Heidi, Ali
The candy shop also had mini ice cream cones. How can you say no to an ice cream cone if you can possibly eat it in 2 bites?? I didn't have change on me so Heidi insisted on buying me one. Thanks Heidi! :)
On our way home we stopped in and all got a shaved ice. What a fun afternoon with the other "Mississippi Wives". Saturdays always go by so much faster when we all get together!
All these pictures in this post were taken within the past 2 weeks. My tan is improving as you can see, thanks to lazy afternoons at the pool! How I love summer!
All these pictures in this post were taken within the past 2 weeks. My tan is improving as you can see, thanks to lazy afternoons at the pool! How I love summer!






No comments:
Post a Comment