Sunday, September 4, 2011

New way to Clean

Yesterday I discovered something very wonderful...a new way to clean!  Now, let me give a disclaimer, although I LOVE to have a clean house, it certainly isn't always clean.  However, Saturday is my day to clean and do laundry, and I have been good the past couple weeks to really utilize that time.  (If I don't get it done Saturday, chances are it will not happen until the following Saturday..)

Here is how I used to clean:

I literally used these two products for most everything.  Nothing is wrong with this, but these certainly are not products that I would feel at ease having within a child's reach.  I also think they cleaned well, but that sometimes my counter surfaces were left feeling like they had cleaner on them.  It's hard to explain, but maybe some of you have experienced the same thing--or not. :) 

Yesterday I tried something new.  
That my friends is 100% natural, good for you cleaner.  I filled the bottle with water and then added doTERRA lemon oil.  I don't know all the science behind the lemon oil, but I know it works to clean, and from my experience, it works really well!  The best part about this, is that not only does it work, but if my future child or niece/nephew accidentally drank this solution, it wouldn't hurt them in the least.  Might I add, it also smells fabulous and speeds up my cleaning process!  I can just spray it in my shower, wait for a couple minutes and then wipe it all down.  No more scrubbing.  Now--my shower wasn't that dirty to begin with.  I don't know how it will do with tough grime, but it certainly has worked for me so far!! My counters have never felt smoother.  I also love that it doesn't dry my hands out or damage my wedding ring.  It also is 100% safe for me to inhale now and when I am pregnant (in the future).  It just makes me feel happy using something that is so safe.  

As I mentioned earlier, I recently started to work in the marketing department at doTERRA.  I have been exposed to some of their products and am so thoroughly impressed. (And yes-these are my absolute true opinions).  doTERRA oils are CPTG which stands for Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, which means their oils are absolutely 100% pure.  It is just really cool to be able to use the things Heavenly Father naturally blessed our earth with (like lemons) to clean my house.  

I also had another discovery this week!  I used to be a die hard Wal-Mart fan.  I was convinced they were the absolute CHEAPEST place to get groceries.  However, this week that all changed.  WinCo has changed my life for forever.  I love it there and it is even cheaper then dare I say it, Wal-Mart!  These discoveries really make my week, let me tell ya!  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are doing well. Congrats to Matt for getting into the Junior Core!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thought you were announcing you were pregnant the way you kept talking about future children... Ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a fan of Winco, and not just because its close to my house. Although I do get most of my produce at Harmons, the rest of my items I get at Winco. That's awesome you work at doTerra. I have really enjoyed using their products, I prefer a more natural and homeopathic approach to life, from cleaning house to easing the symptoms of a cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I am a winco-er too! I live just down the road from it. We should have a shopping date sometime!!

    ReplyDelete