Sunday, September 4, 2011

Survival of Week 1

The first week of school has came and gone, and we are still living strong!  The best news is that tomorrow is Labor Day, which means a holiday from school and work.  This is my favorite thing about fall semester.  You have a week to jump in, and then a really nice extended weekend to make sure you have a tight grip on each of your classes.

We knew this semester would be a busy one for us, but this past week certainly confirmed all of our suspicions.
Matt has already had 10-15 quizzes.  10-15!  We were only in school for 5 days!  Each day he has class from 8-10:45 and then spends the rest of the day and evening studying and doing homework assignments.  He has averaged 9 hours of study a day this past week.  I am SO incredibly proud of his hard work.

So what have I been doing while my husband has been Mr. Smarty?  Well, I have been in class too.  Haven't been quite as diligent as he has in his studies, but I am doing my best considering all the other things I am juggling.  My classes are all day Monday and Wednesday.  This is really nice because I have Tues/Thurs/Friday to work at doTERRA.  Monday's are the most busy.  I have class pretty consistently from 8-7.  That is a long time to be sitting down!!  Wednesday's are not so bad- I only have class from 8-1:45.  Although this schedule is very different from what I have had in the past, it is nice to get my hardest day of the week done first!

This week we also had two Court of Honor's to attend.  Both our brothers, Devin and Chad, received their Eagle Scouts earlier this year.  We are really proud of their hard work and know they will go on to achieve many more great things!!

Anyways, life is being good to us.  It is good to have a productive week and to be able to look back and see the things we have accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment