Monday, September 26, 2011

Homecoming King!

My family has bred some royalty.  My younger (taller) brother Devin was crowned homecoming king at his high school this past weekend.  My five other sisters and I were much more excited over this news than he was.  At his high school, they announce the homecoming royalty at the half time of the homecoming football game.  Being the star football player Devin is, he was in the locker room while this was announce and didn't find out that he won until after the game.  Unfortunately they lost their football game, and he was more concerned about the game then his new found royalty.  My older sister Robyn so wisely told him, "you won't remember this loss in 5 years, but you will certainly remember being crowned homecoming king your WHOLE life!"  Devin didn't exactly agree with this statement, but he was a great sport.  From my younger sister Haley's report (who was also at the dance), Devin actually worked up a sweat dancing!  This is shocking if you know my shy little brother! Way to go Dev!! We always knew you deserved royalty! 
Devin and his beautiful date
Devin the Football Star
Devin has always been a great brother!  He is the closest thing I have ever had to a twin.  I have fond memories of playing with Devin on Sunday afternoons.  We were sneaky and would steal bags of chips from the pantry and play Uno by flashlight while we were hiding in my Mom's closet.  There was also a time when we pulled each others casts off as well as my little sisters, making my mom made 6 trips to the hospitals all in the same month.  We did many wonderful things like that together...
That was when we were young...now we are getting older.  Now Devin is a football start and a heart throb at his high school.  I'm not just saying that.  A couple weeks ago at a football game a group of girls came up to my mom and said, "Thank you so much for raising Devin!"  
I am so blessed to have such an incredible brother- and many siblings at that.  If any of my siblings are reading this, I love you equally so.  Someone just needed to do some bragging about Devin! 
Congratulations you HOMECOMING KING!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! Some bragging definitely needed to be done. I told Chris I felt a little famous that Devin is my brother haha.

    ReplyDelete