In my dream we had a baby boy who came out looking much more like a one year old than an infant. I was totally stressed because I couldn't find my phone to call our parents to let them know we had a baby. We didn't know we were pregnant before we had this baby boy, by the way. Anyways, super quick, painless labor and before I knew it we were home with our baby. And then the horror hit me, we left the hospital so fast that they didn't teach me how to nurse! I was so worried that my baby would starve until we went back for a first week checkup next week. Well I thought I would just try to figure it out and we did pretty good until the baby spit up over the both of us. In my wise dream wisdom I couldn't find the bathtub and I was worried because you can't just put a new born in a bath anyways, so I stood in my clothes in the shower holding him under the water to clean him off. What good parenting skills I have in my sleep.
In Matt's dream we had twins, a boy and a girl. Yet, they didn't come as infants OR one year olds but rather 5 year olds. Poor mother. The boy was an all-star athlete, making football touch-downs. The twin girl was just tiny. She must not have been as old as her twin brother. :) When night time came, in Matt's dream, 'my' baby went to sleep right away and I climbed in bed and fell into a deep sleep while 'Matt's' baby wouldn't go to sleep! Once he got him to sleep he would lay him down and he would wake up right away! So although Matt slept through the night, he felt like he was up with a crying baby all night long!
We blame all the talks at conference focused on family for our bizarre dreams. Who knows though, our parenting years may be right around the corner.
Happy Monday!
hahahah love the baby dreams! Thank you for sharing! You wouldn't want your baby to see you naked so it was very wise of you to stand in the shower in your clothes haha and Matt being up all night with that 5 year old baby sounds stressful!
ReplyDelete