Friday, March 30, 2012

March 2012 Coming to and End

I can't believe March is almost over! The weeks are flying by. This week we had a lot of fun, maybe too much fun for all the big assignments I have coming up but oh, well! I enjoyed every bit of it! Senioritis symptoms? I think so.

Monday afternoon I enjoyed baking Chicken Pot Pie. My mother in law was not feeling well, so I made an extra and we took one over to them for dinner. I made my own pie crust, but used rotisserie chicken and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. It turned out great! For FHE my family came over and helped up tackle our winter ridden back yard. Afterwards we enjoyed a hot dog roast in our fire pit and s’mores. Yes, we did have two dinners that night. It was great.

While we were chatting around the fire my dad decided to cut down one of the branches of the huge sycamore tree in our backyard with an old chain saw. It was entertaining to say the least to watch him try to cut through that branch with the dull saw! Once he got ¾ of the way through he resorted to lassoing the branch with the cord of the saw. It worked! The branch finally came down! It was a fun night with my family. I love living next door to them and am grateful my parents let us live in their ‘other’ house. J

Tuesday evening my mom threw a baby shower for the gal she visit teaches. My mom invited all the sisters in the ward and we had a fun night playing two truths and a lie. Before the shower my brother walked into my place with a big box of tacos and instructed me that the family was eating over at my place while my mom got ready for the shower. After my taco I went over to help my mom, only to find out she went all out and had prepared chicken salad sandwiches, fruit and veggie platters, and choc chip slice. Yep, for the second day in a row I had two dinners. Not the best habit to get into.

Wednesday evening was spent at Center Stage. I haven’t blogged too much about Center Stage. This is my third year working there and I LOVE it! We have 80+ kids in our program ages 6-18 and right now we are working on putting together our show of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. I typically spend every Wednesday from 4-6:30 there, but now that our show is coming closer I will be spending much more time at CSYP.

Thursday right after work Matt and I headed up to Sundance. KPMG had a pre-interview event for all the candidates and their spouses. After the mingling portion of the evening we enjoyed a comedy show put on by ComedySportz. It was great! Matt also got lucky and won a KPMG Phil Mickleson duffle bag. He really wanted to win the hat, golf bag, or airline tickets….but we were happy with the duffle bag!

Tonight we are looking forward to a mission reunion. We are all going to a temple session and then having a catered dinner at the church with a testimony meeting. It will be a perfect start to our conference weekend! I love that I am married to one of my parent’s missionaries! I love that I knew Matt when he was ‘Elder Jensen’ and that I was able to see what an amazing missionary he was. I love that I know his mission companions and we can talk about Australia, since we have both experienced it. I love that his mission reunions are fun because my mom plans them! 

Like I said, we seriously had fun this week. Next week I have a 20 page paper to look forward too. It might not be quite as fun...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun week! I miss you and the family! I'm so excited for you to come in CA and meet Ethan : ) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness, my little sister does Center Stage. She's just one of the 8-year-old kids but all she talks about right now is being in the play. That's exciting that you are involved in it!

    ReplyDelete