Sunday, March 11, 2012

I Love the Spring!

There is nothing better than a bright, sunny weekend after a winter full of doom and gloom. Okay, not all of winter was doom and gloom, but I am a sunshine girl! I love the sun! 

Yesterday morning, Matt and I started working on our little garden! We have a little garden next to our house and I am SO excited to work on it this summer! Pictures will come I promise, but there isn't too much to show as of now. We just cleaned up all the debris/leaves to get it ready for rototilling and planting next Saturday. All we can plant right now is peas, but I love peas and can't wait! 

We then took some big boxes that had been sitting in our garage to the dumpster. So satisfying getting rid of those things. 

AND, Matt had his last intramural basketball game. I say his last because they didn't win and it was a tournament game. They had a good season, but it's sad to see it come to an end. I married a good little basketball player. This was all before Noon! 

We then took advantage of our time and played for an hour. Matt played village ball with some of the other guys in our neighborhood and I took my little sisters swimming at the Rec center.

Our afternoon was filled with reffing (for Matt) and school group meetings (for me). So not as fun as our morning, but such is life! 

That evening we enjoyed a fire in our backyard with my family. We roasted hot dogs and ate some s'mores. I love having a fire pit in our backyard! Benefits of camping without the hassle and without sleeping outdoors. It's a beautiful thing! (Not that I have anything against camping, I just love a good fire.) Dessert was had at the Davis' with Matt's family. We enjoyed big waffle cones with cookies and cream ice cream. Delicious. 

Such a perfect day to launch us into Spring mode! AND, it continues! This morning we enjoyed a breakfast picnic. We ate cereal sitting on a blanket outside. There is nothing better than warm sun beating down on your neck! Oh sun, how I love you!    

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast picnic! I love that idea. You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete