We just went to the doctor today and found out that he weighs 17.79 lbs (37.59%), is 27.5 in tall (57.12%), and has a head that is 17.6 in round (69.48%). And when we say round, we really mean round. Just a few months ago at his 4 month appointment Blake was in the 29.39% for height, so he has really grown taller in the last few months. Everything else has stayed pretty consistent.
In the past month Blake has learned to sit up and is great at not falling over. He will purposefully fall to his stomach sometimes and scooch around on the carpet to reach his favorite toys. He will be crawling in no time. He is also able to hold himself up against a chair or my legs, but he can't pull himself up on his own.
Blake still to this day has no teeth. However, I really would not be surprised if he woke up with his two bottom teeth any day now. We have had a few rough days of swollen gums.
On that same note, everything he touches goes straight to his mouth. I'm not kidding. This boy is seriously teething.
He loves to eat anything that I put in his mouth. His favorite right now is mashed peaches and corn on the cob. He still hasn't perfected feeding himself as his pinching skills are still developing, but he always tries to feed himself and loves to hold the spoon.
Since we have been home sleeping and naps have been amazing (minus a few nights that I blame on teething). Nap time for us is at about 8:00, 11:00, and 2:00. He loves napping in his crib the best but when he is extra sensitive (teething or shots) he really likes to cuddle with me on my bed. We have been putting Blake to bed at about 7:00 and he normally sleeps until midnight when I feed him and then he sleeps until 6:30. The doctor told me today I really need to cut out the midnight feeding. We will see how that goes.
Blake LOVES the water in any form, bath water, swimming pool, lake, or even to drink in a sippy cup. His love for water sure makes bath time fun.
He is very social. He loves being around other people but in particular, other babies. He has loved spending time with his cousin Ethan who is 11 months older. He just sits and watches in wonder as Ethan runs around throwing balls.
Blake loves our story time. His favorite books are the ones with the flaps that he can lift up. Sometimes he scratches the pages in effort to lift the flaps. It is really cute.
When Blake is tired it is so obvious. He rubs his eyes and then scratches the back of his head and grabs his ears. It is cute but it also means put me to bed this very minute!
I think he has a particular cry when he wants me. He cries MAAAAA. I think it sounds just like mom but no one else is convinced.
Blake is really leaving the cuddly stage and is becoming more independent. He rarely lets us cuddle him and likes to have space see and investigate the world around him.
Blake is such a fun baby. He is such a good buddy to me, sitting in his high chair playing with kitchen utensils as I cook, jumping in the bouncer as I do laundry, and letting me cuddle him just enough to let me get my fill. We sure do love our Blake!




No comments:
Post a Comment