Thursday, August 8, 2013

E.O.

Okay so I've been a little MIA lately. I have plenty to catch up on, but that will come later. Today I'm here to share how Essential Oils totally saved me through the night.

You know that feeling when your body is achy and you feel an awful bug coming on? That was me last night. We just returned home from a fabulous little going away party our good friends put on for us and I felt my body starting to fall apart. It was 8:00 p.m. and I could barely keep my eyes open. I quickly got Blake to sleep (way past his bedtime) and then fell right into bed. When Blake woke up around midnight, I was sick. My stomach hurt, I had the chills, I couldn't even get Blake out of his crib to nurse him. Matt brought him to me. (Don't judge, my baby is almost 7 months and I still nurse him in the night...we are working on that.). Anyways, after I fed Blake I turned to my Essential Oils for some relief. I put On Guard on my feet, Digestzen on my stomach, and took 2 drops of On Guard and 1 drop of Melissa internally and came back to bed. I couldn't sleep for the next two hours, but instead of getting worse, I felt my body fight. I went through chills and hot spells all while my body was working to get rid of this bug. At 2 a.m I was really burning up and just wanted to sleep. I'm sure I had a temperature. This time I turned to peppermint and lavender. I put a few drops of peppermint on my neck and then put lavender pretty much everywhere, my feet, neck, back, forehead. I really wanted to sleep. When I laid back down, I had instant relief from my fever and within 10 minutes I was asleep. Luckily Blake slept well and I was able to sleep until 7 a.m. this morning.

When I woke up... no signs whatsoever of my difficult night. I feel great. Which is such a blessing since I have a girls lunch date planned for today and not to mention, I also need to clean and pack since we leave bright and early Saturday morning for our trip to NYC. I really didn't have time to be sick (who ever really does) and am so grateful that my Essential Oils helped me kick this bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment