Sunday, July 21, 2013

Are You Lost?

So while I was sitting with Blake in the children's section of a beautiful public library in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana this past week, another young mother struck up conversation with me and assumed I was from Fort Wayne. I explained I was just there for a few days and she laughed and asked, 'Are you lost??'

I was definitely not lost and rather enjoying myself in this city with much to offer. 
For any of you wondering, like this mom was, what we were doing in Fort Wayne I do have a good reason. Matt was staffed on a client there for a few weeks and the firm would already be covering his hotel expenses so instead of staying home alone in Chicago, we tagged along on his business trip! Super professional, right? Don't worry, we have stayed out of his way and let him work his 12+ hour days without distraction. 

Needless to say, we discovered some fabulous things about Fort Wayne. Okay, I also got lucky and had a good friend grow up there so I got insider tips from a local. :) 

This past week we enjoyed the Three Rivers Festival, the Botanical Conservatory, and the Public Library. Guess what? Our favorite was the FREE Library. It is totally where it's at for a little six month old. Blake was in heaven with tons of baby books and toys to pound on and I was in heaven in the air conditioned building.

Three Rivers Festival  
Junk Food Alley. Lemonade, funnel cakes, fried foods, oh my! Made for a delicious lunch spot. I really just got a tri-tip steak sandwich. My arteries hurt looking at everything else. Oh, but I also bought some of the most delicious peanut butter fudge. My arteries didn't mind that. 



Then we paid $3 for a 30 second kiddy ride. Totally not worth it but can you honestly go to a festival and not go on a ride? I would be depriving my child. And I couldn't do that.

The Botanical Conservatory

Want to know the honest truth about this place? It was well kept, informative, and absolutely beautiful but soo stinkin hot. We were hoping to escape the heat and instead we realized the Amazon and Dessert rooms were even hotter than outside. Definitely something I would recommend in less extreme heat. 

Fort Wayne Public Library



Ignore my sweaty hair. It was really hot outside. As I said before, we loved this place! Beautiful facility with a great area for babies. Within the baby area was even a separate area for babies that can't walk yet. The area was filled with fun toys, books, and stuffed animals. 

Oh, we also enjoyed 'Lunch on the Square' one day. Food trucks with great food and music. Such a fun atmosphere.
This picture doesn't do my Turkey Reuben justice. It was very tasty. 

And after all those activities wore us out we enjoyed some relaxing time at the hotel. We had some amazing naps thanks to blackout curtains (hallelujah!), swam at the pool, and took advantage of the work out room. How I managed to work out with this wiggly boy you may ask? I got creative and put a blanket and his favorite toys on the ground next to the yoga mat. He was entertained for a good 20 minutes and then when he got fussy I rode the stationary bike with him on my lap. A mom has got to do what a mom needs to do, right? 

Then sometimes, this happened. Don't call the mom police on me! Every once in a while, after a long action packed day, I let my little boy be entertained by something other than me. And I even reward myself with a Haagen Dazs bar. 

Thanks Fort Wayne for having fun with us! We will be back soon. Like tomorrow soon. We leave at 6:00 a.m. I'm not kidding. Here's to another week of exploring with my favorite friend. 












No comments:

Post a Comment