This little guy is six months tomorrow. Half a year. In some ways it feels like I just brought him home from the hospital and yet it feels like he has been with our family forever. One thing is sure, we are convinced we have the best baby around and we love him so much!
His six month doctors appointment won't be until we get back to Utah in a few weeks, so I don't have any stats for you, but let me tell you all about six month old Blake.
First of all, when he is excited, he is loud. And I mean high-pitch, squealing loud. If I wasn't his parent I may think it to be annoying, but when you get his smile with it and his legs and arms moving frantically, it is so darn cute.
He LOVES playing with mom and dad. He loves it when we tickle him, throw him in the air, do airplane, and smile at him. He seriously thrives off attention. He has the cutest squeal like laugh.
He is no longer content laying on his back. He is going to have rock hard abs because he always lifts his neck and shoulders off the ground, trying to sit up. Gone are the days where he happily lays in the bath tub. He likes to sit and splash in the water.
He loves his toys. But his all time favorite toys are the wipes container, paper, napkins, and straps on his stroller and bumbo. If I didn't watch him carefully this boy would eat a whole lot of napkins and paper. He seriously loves chewing on it.
Blake has developed some mad skills with his feet. While laying down he can pick up toys with his feet and get them into his hands. I'm not sure if this is normal, but it's pretty impressive.
Blake LOVES to read his books. Okay, he really just likes to pound on the pages and lift up the flaps. Oh, he likes to chew his books too.
He is my little social butterfly. If there are kids around, he has to be watching and interacting with them.
Blake really enjoys the water. From baths, to pools, to lakes, he loves splashing in it all.
Recently Blake has started reaching for me. I love it.
Blake has definitely figured out that Matt and I are his dad and mom. He saves his biggest smiles for us.
Every night after bath time we stop at the mirror in the bathroom and in the hall way and he just gives himself a huge smile. Totally makes me laugh every time.
Blake has continued to be a great eater and eats everything I feed him. We mostly do rice cereal and a variety of Gerber fruits and vegetables. But Blake knows when it's meal time and isn't content to not get either his own food or tastes off my plate. We did have a little allergic reaction to egg, so I'll try that again in a little bit and just start with the yolk.
This past month we had a huge mommy/baby victory! Blake stopped needing the nipple shield to nurse. I am so proud of him and us!
Sleep is a little bit of a challenge, but it truly is not Blake's fault. He is the most fabulous sleeping when I consider how much we have moved him around this summer. However, we are looking forward to a little bit more consistency at the end of the summer when we return to Utah.
This little man has seen a lot of the world in his first six months of life. He has traveled to Cancun, Mexico, driven through Laramie, WY, Omaha, NB, lived in Chicago, IL, and traveled to Dallas, TX. Not to mention he was born in Utah.
We think Blake is just the greatest thing ever. He brings so much happiness into our little family. Happy six months baby!


No comments:
Post a Comment