Matt made a last minute reservation for us at South Branch, a fancy little out door restaurant right on the river, just across the street from his office.
I may have become extremely flustered on the way there because my exit was closed and google maps took me to an underground road then stopped working on me. So after driving around in circles for 15 minutes underground I finally found a way out and made it to the restaurant. Thank you underground roads of Chicago.
It was so worth it to get a glimpse into Matt's working life by meeting him downtown. He works in this beautiful, tall building. (The tallest one right in the middle.)
He is one amazing dad. I don't get all gushy/mushy on here often but this guy loves his family more than anything. He loves to be with Blake. It makes me so happy.
Matt ordered his favorite fish tacos and I chose the black and blue burger. The burger was crusted with peppercorns and then it also had Gorgonzola cheese on it. Delicious.
Thanks for being born baby and letting us celebrate your half birthday.





mmm that lunch sounds delicious! glad you had a fun time after your rough morning :)
ReplyDelete