Blake and I have had the most wonderful few days with my sister, Erica, and her family in Dallas, TX. And as luck would have it, our return flight to Chicago has been delayed so what better way to pass time with a sleeping baby than to blog about it, right?
We left Chicago bright and early Friday morning to head to Dallas. One thing I love, the flight is less than two hours. All my prayers were answered and our travels here went smoothly despite the fact that we arrived at the busy airport only 20 minutes before boarding. There were definitely angels helping us on our way. Even now, as I just clumsily stumbled through security with a screaming baby, have no idea how it went so smoothly four days ago.
So we arrived at about 9:00 on Friday morning. Erica only lives about 15 minutes from the airport, so it felt like the Chicago-Dallas travel was so short! Blake and Ava had a fun time getting to know each other and had fun 'playing' together that morning. After a egg sandwich morning snack we headed to the pool with our babies. For lunch we headed to a cute little taco shop that has authentic Mexican Tacos. They were so delicious! Then Blake and I were able to get a much needed nap! That evening Erica made some Tomato Avacado Linguine for dinner. Basically everything I ate with Erica and Coleman was amazing!!
Saturday morning we picked up sandwiches and headed to the park for some fun and a picnic. They have a cute little baby area at their park that Blake had fun laying and rolling around in. Ava showed her natural gymnastics abilities by walking along the border of the park. That afternoon we enjoyed some more time at the pool and then we to a birthday party for one of Coleman's coworkers wife. It was fun to meet some of their good friends here!
Sunday morning we had oven pancakes for breakfast and then made it to church. It was great to meet some of their ward friends and attend church in Dallas. That afternoon we enjoyed a delicious pork roast/mashed potato Sunday dinner and then had fun playing many rounds of carcasonne, one of their favorite games. Coleman told me beginners never win, but I won the second round! Us Lindleys are competitive. :)
Monday morning we went to Erica's friends house to make some Fourth of July shirts for our babies. I am notorious for not being very crafty, but I loved how they turned out!! That afternoon we went to a community water park with the babies. At first Blake was napping in his car seat but he woke up to enjoy some of the sun and water. After a family home evening on Jesus Christ, we put the babies to bed and Erica and I went to a yoga class. Then we came home to the bachelorette. Perfect sister night.
Today we headed to downtown Dallas to enjoy the aquarium. It is actually part aquarium, part zoo. There were some very neat animals. It was so much fun! We then walked to some pretty fountains for some morning snacks. Afterwards we met up with Coleman at a local Texas BBq favorite, Hard 8. I love a good BBQ! And if that wasn't enough fun for one day, after nap time Erica made us the most amazing fresh mango smoothie that we enjoyed by the pool. After a quick bath for the babies and a fresh quinoa dinner, we headed to the airport!
Erica is the best big sister (so are you Robyn), but really I love my big sisters! It is so comforting to have someone to give me advice and be such a great example as I figure out how to be a good mom. I loved every second in Dallas and can't wait until I see the Greens again at Christmas!!

















I'm so happy you and Blake came to see us!!! I miss you already!! Blake is such a joy and a cutie. It is just so fun to see hime getting bigger. And I loved that Ava was able to practice being a big sister!!!! Blake was such a good sport!
ReplyDelete