Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Day

We had a great Independence Day here is Chi-town.We started off the day with some Breakfast Quinoa and eggs. (I'm working on healthier eating.) Then after Blake's morning nap we walked to the corner and picked up some authentic tacos for a picnic on the beach with Jessie, Dustin, and Clara.  

       

       (Photos courtesy of Dustin Davis)

After the beach we discovered a fresh produce market just around the corner from our house. We couldn't help but pick up some mangos, watermelon, and cherries. So delicious. I may be frequenting that market on a daily basis. 

That evening we rode the EL down to Uptown to attend a BBQ at the joined deck of our friends apartments. I baked some Australian chocolate chip slice to bring as a dessert, one of my favorites. Blake started getting fussy so we called it a night a little early and made our way home. 

  

    
We ended the evening American style with some Friday Night Lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment