The biggest news is that Blake's first tooth came in. It came in about a week ago and has caused us quite a bit of grief. The first sign was that he started refusing being spoon fed, something he used to love. He closes his mouth so tightly there is no chance to get any food in. We have resorted to using our fingers to eat. Another sign has been some pretty rough nights. I'm think the other bottom tooth is coming in now so we have had quite a few nights with not a lot of sleep. I'm hoping that eventually we can get back his great sleeping habits!
He takes two naps a day. Usually from 9-10:30 and 1:00-2:30. He is great at falling asleep after nursing and a few stories.
Blake has started to LOVE water. He loves to drink it himself from a sippy, but he loves when I share my cup with him more. He is actually really good at drinking from a cup.
Blake has stopped accepting mashed/Gerber baby food, once again because he no longer likes to be spoon fed. His favorite foods right now are avocados, Asian pears, apples, lentils, rice, broccoli, and bread. When I am eating an apple he loves for me to take a bite and then let him suck where I bit...maybe that is weird now that I think about it. Haha He really does love it though!
Blake has recently really started to laugh. He did before but not as frequently as he does now. He loves to play with his dad and laughs at most of his games. He also will always laugh whenever his older cousin Ethan is laughing.
He wants to be just like Ethan. Everytime he sees him he starts moving his hands and legs up and down in excitement. If Ethan coughs, Blake fake coughs. When Ethan plays on grandmas toy drum, Blake bangs on the nearest box. It is really funny.
Blake still isn't crawling. This is just fine with me! I know our lives will forever be changed once he is truly about to get around. He rocks forward onto his arms from sitting position all the time and just started putting his feet out like a bear crawl but hasn't figured out the whole crawling thing.
His newest trick is being able to sit up from being on his stomach or back. Yep, that's a big accomplishment.
Blake loves to be outside. His favorite activity is jumping on the tramp. He gets so excited when we get on it.
Blake has a very infectious smile that always reaches his eyes. His hair is starting to come in now and lighten up a bit. It still has a touch of red to it.
Blake has a few funny quirks. He has learned to buzz his lips (okay, I did teach him that because it's a great vocal warm up!) and will go for about 20 minutes straight just buzzing away. He also smells his hands for some reason. I haven't figured that one out.
We love our Blake and love watching him grow!!



he's too cute!!
ReplyDeletehave you tried the teething tablets or gel?? they work well with our little guy and have saved us a few hours of sleep.