Friday, October 11, 2013

Family Update

So my presence in the blogging world has been pretty scarce lately. I have tried to make it a priority to do a Blake update each month so that I can document his life, but the rest of my blogging updates have taken a back seat to life. 

The fact of the matter is that Matt and I don't have internet at our house... I know, that's kind of shocking. You see, we have 3G on our phones and live next to my parents, so whenever we really need internet we go next door. It's just one way we have found we can save a few dollars while finishing up our college years. Point being, without internet readily available I rarely think about our blog. 

But here I sit in a hotel in Dallas, Texas with a sleeping baby and internet! So my stars have aligned and it's time for an update on our little family. 

Our Chicago summer came to an end mid August and we were really sad to say goodbye to some dear friends. We loved everything about Chicago which is a good thing because we are moving back in a year! Matt preformed very well on his internship with Deloitte and received a full time offer to start fall 2014. With a full time offer in hand, we took a week off to celebrate and travel. We spent a few days in NYC (Yankees game, 9/11 memorial, Newsies, Manhattan LDS Temple, and FAO Schwarz were definite favorites) and then we stopped in St. Louis for a Cardinals baseball game on our way home. 






After too many hours in the car, we finally made it back to Utah and it was so great to be re-united with family. I was especially happy that Robyn and her family moved back to Utah from California while we were away. It is really fun to have her and Ethan (and Chris) so close now. A few days after we arrived home, Matt got right back into work at doTERRA and then a few weeks later started his final year of school. He will graduate with his Masters in Accounting in April and then our college days will be behind us! 

As soon as we got home I got right to work on losing the rest of my baby weight and getting into better shape. I talked to a women in Fort Wayne, IN who looked excellent and had young kids about how she lost her baby weight and she mentioned she signed up for a half-marathon. The longer distance runs helped kick start her metabolism. So with Robyn's encouragement, I signed up for a half-marathon! We are running it this Saturday. It has been surprisingly really fun to train... I love running with Robyn and Haley, my two sisters, because we have great chats. Since we have been home, Matt and I also ran a sprit triathalon. Needless to say, I have been working hard to get where I want to be! 



Other than exercise for me, school/work for Matt, and new teeth and learning to crawl! for Blake (More on that in his 9 month update later this week...), life has felt just wonderfully busy/normal. I can't tell you how many times Matt and I step back and comment on how grateful we are for our lives. No, not every day is perfect, but there is so much love and happiness in our little family. We have a beautiful baby boy that keeps us laughing, rich educational opportunities at BYU, a wonderful job opportunity in an exciting new city, and family that supports and loves us. I guess that's our update for now; we are truly just loving life. 


Now that you are all caught up on our lives I can blog about a few other things on my mind...Swiss Days (going way back to Labor Day weekend),doTERRA's convention, Matt's Birthday (which is TODAY!), trip to Dallas, our 3rd anniversary (coming up on TUESDAY!), and Blake's 9 month update.  

No comments:

Post a Comment