Saturday, October 26, 2013

Carving Pumpkins

I look forward to carving pumpkins with my family each fall. It was extra fun to make pumpkin carving memories with Blake this year. 

Matt tricked me because when we were dating he took me on a date to carve pumpkins, leading me to believe he actually liked doing it. Once we were married he conveniently forgot the fun we had the year before decided carving pumpkins wasn't his thing. He still is a trouper and joins the carving party, but some how manages to keep his hands clean and free of pumpkin guts. He does make an excellent photographer of the fun. 

Blake had the most fun watching his cousin Ethan pull out pumpkin guts. Our night was cut short when Blake decided to stick a pumpkin seed in his mouth. It was a scary moment because he started to choke a little bit. My mom rushed to the rescue and Blake ended up swallowing the seed. It may make an appearance in the next few days. :) 

My dad is the master pumpkin carver in our family. I remember him helping me do my pumpkin each year when I was younger. Now that I have my own baby I have graduated to actually doing the carving on my own. It didn't turn out that great so I'll spare you any pictures of the final product. 




1 comment:

  1. how fun that so much of your family can do things together :) scary he choked on a seed! I hate when they choke.

    ReplyDelete