Monday, November 4, 2013

Daylight Savings Woes

So, there is no way the inventor of daylight savings was a mom. Not possible at all. I should know who invented the once loved time change that allowed me to sleep in, I am a college graduate after all. But no, my tired mind can't remember such a trivial detail of US history. All I know is it wasn't a mom.

You see, babies internal clocks can't be automatically brought forward one hour like our lovely phones. And they can't be easily manually changed like our microwaves. No, it takes a few mornings of waking up at 6:00 a.m. before they catch onto the change. I am being optimistic here that Blake will eventually catch onto this change...it hasn't happened yet. Okay, it's only day two. I'll be patient.

It's not that he hasn't had to adjust to time changes before. But on those occasions we got a vacation out of the time change so it kind of made it a little less painful.  Daylight savings doesn't have a vacation attached. Boo.


2 comments: