Friday, March 21, 2014

A Mother's Proud Moments

Blake started walking! He took his first steps a few weeks ago and now walks everywhere. 

Blake loves nothing more than to make his mom and dad laugh. He is such a jokester sometimes. He loves pretending to eat food (taking it up to his mouth and chomping loudly) and playing peek a boo with his blanket. In the morning he always pats his head while he is eating to get our attention.

He gives me the absolute best kisses and hugs. He will give dad hugs but refuses to share kisses with anyone but me.

Over the past 3 weeks Blake and I have gone through the weaning process. It definitely has been an adjustment for both of us. It has been harder emotionally (and physically) for me than I ever imagined. Blake has had hard moments, but overall he has taken to our new 'normal' amazingly well. Although we went through a week of rough naps and night time sleep, he now sleeps even better than before (thanks to weaning and putting a little basket of binkys in the corner of his crib). He also is more cuddly with me. I love his hugs. 

Blake has become more attached to the blanket he sleeps with every night. It's cute. When we are playing in his room he likes to pull that blanket out of the crib and lay his head on it. 

Although he has become more cuddly, he has also become more independent. In the swimming pool today he was not happy to have me following him around. He wanted to just walk through the shallow end of the pool and climb all the stairs by himself. 

Blake's vocal skills are improving. His vocabulary includes binky, doggie, mama, daddy, Jesus, Ethan, and hi. He just started saying Jesus this week. We were at Chad's mission setting apart and I took Blake out in the hall because he can't really sit still and there were a few pictures of Jesus on the wall. He kept pointing at them and saying 'chechus.' It made my heart so proud that my baby boy could recognize such an important person. 

Blake hums or buzzes his lips while he is focusing on other things. He has musical talent in that little body. He is always in tune. If I sing him a few notes he usually copies me and is right on pitch. It amazes me.

Blake's favorite foods are string cheese, grapes, waffles/pancakes, pop corn, gold fish, and yoghurt. He also really likes granola. He loves to drink water (he doesn't like cows milk.)

I never realized I would be able to feel so much love from my baby. I am the absolute center of Blake's world. I am the  one who can calm his saddest cries and he prefers me over most other people. If I'm in a room with him he is always aware of what I am doing and concerned if I seem upset. He showers me with hugs and kisses each day. I love it. It is the most amazing thing to be a mom and to be so cherished in a way that only someone who relies on you completely can cherish you. I love that boy and feel so blessed that he loves me!





No comments:

Post a Comment