Sunday, May 11, 2014

Haley's Farewell Party

My little sister Haley is leaving this Wednesday for 18 months on a mission for our church to Cambodia. On Saturday evening my mom put on an amazing BBQ with all the fixings for about 100 people who came to wish Haley well. We had lots of friends and family around and it was a great evening with tons of delicious food. 

As a side note, during the past four years while Matt and I have been working our way through college, we have been incredibly blessed to live in my parents second home that shares a backyard with their home. Recently my parents have done some yard improvement projects and our combined backyards are now an incredible oasis. The BBQ was in the back yards and although the weather was a bit cooler than we would have preferred, it was fun to host an event there. 

Coleman's job was to tend the fire for roasting hot dogs and s'mores.


Matt took charge of getting tables set up. We had tables on the patio, over by the fire pit, in the living room, and in the basement. I think everyone had a place to sit!

Chris took charge of the grill. I'm grateful my sisters and I all married very helpful men!



I am in heaven having my big sister and her cute family in town from Texas!


Twinner cousins, Alysa and Kaitlyn.

Uncle Brady entertaining Blakey so that I could help get things ready.

My handsome boys.


Haley with one of her best friends who leaves in a few weeks on a mission to Boston.




Haley spoke today in church as a final preparation for her leaving in a few days. She gave an incredible talk about how the lessons she has learned from my mom (and other women in her life) have helped her make and honor sacred covenants. It was perfect for Mother's Day. She did such a great job and has a strong testimony in the gospel. She knows that the church is true and it has brought her so much happiness. That is the reason she is putting her life on hold and going to a far away, foreign land so she can share with others what she holds dear to her heart. I'm so proud of her. She has been living with Matt and me the last few months and she has really become one of my very best friends. We do practically everything together. I'm going to miss her so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment