Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Celebrating 4 Years

Matt and I celebrated our 4th anniversary earlier this month. This last year has gone by so fast but has been such a wonderful one. 

As we were approaching our anniversary week, Matt was out of town for training and I wanted to do something to fill my time in his absence and help us remember all the years we have shared together. I decided picture collages were the way to go. I had so much fun going down memory lane and looking at pictures from each of these years and picking just the right ones to include. I made 7 different 5x7 collages and put a new one in a frame in our bathroom each morning the week leading up to our anniversary. 

Here are what each collage represented:
1. Dating/getting engaged
2. Engagements
3. Wedding
4. First year if marriage
5. Second year
6. Third year
7. Fourth year 


It was special to spend time each day reflecting back on particular moments we have shared.

Here are some highlights of our last year together.

Blake turned 1.
Family trip to the UK.
Matt graduates with BA & Masters in Accounting from BYU.
Uncle Chad (Matt's brother) and Aunt Haley (my sister) leave on missions to Nebraska and Cambodia respectively.
Uncle Devin (my brother) returns from mission to Taiwan. 
Conceive baby #2. (After 8 months of trying. Hurrah!) 
Summer trips to Bear Lake.
Matt starts full-time public accounting job.
We purchase our first home!
Our family moves to Chicago.

On the actual day Matt had work as usual and I had our gender ultrasound. Blake was a great support playing with the gel on my tummy as we learned together that he was getting a healthy baby sister. Isn't she darling?? 


When Matt got home for work we had his favorite, French onion soup, and then went out as a family for ice cream. It was the perfect day. I'm not into fancy gifts. For me it's all about making the day special by spending time together and eating delicious food. :) 

We were lucky enough to have the opportunity to travel back to Utah that weekend so our celebrations continued in the land of wonderful, free babysitters. My mom had the best time making paper airplanes and playing in Halloween costumes with Blake while Matt and I went to the temple together (we loved having my sister Robyn and her husband Chris join us as well) and then just the two of us went to La Jolla Groves for lunch. 

Our anniversary was perfect. I love my husband more than anything and feel so blessed that he loves me equally back. So grateful he is mine for eternity.








No comments:

Post a Comment