Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Love to See the Temple

I love every opportunity I get to go to the temple. Each temple I have been in so far is breathtakingly beautiful, but also unique in its own way. This last Saturday I had the chance to go with my parents up to the Idaho Falls temple to witness my cousin Susan’s sealing to Kolt, her high school boyfriend and missionary she waited faithfully for. The Idaho Falls temple is one of the older temples and definitely had a vintage charm inside. I’m so glad I had the opportunity to go. It was a beautiful sealing ceremony and reminded me of my own wedding day. The love Susan and Kolt have for each other was so evident as they couldn’t stop smiling as each other. It truly was one of the happiest days of their life! I am so grateful for all the temples we have and the knowledge we have that when sealed inside the temple, a marriage is much more than just ‘till death do us part.’ It is a marriage that is bound for all eternity. I think that knowledge is so beautiful and pure and brings so much peace. I am so grateful for temples!

I wish I would have gotten a picture of Susan and Kolt, but this is the only picture I have from the day. A picture of  me, my mom, and Grandma Lindley with the sun shinning bright in our eyes. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,
    I'm a faithful reader of your blog. I love to stay in touch with you this way and keep up on all your adventures. You and Matt are going to be great parents! I'm so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so glad to have you there, Megan! Thanks for the sweet post! We love you and are so excited for this new little boy!! :) By the way, you have to let me know how you keep up with his cute blog and weekly family letters!! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete