Monday, October 15, 2012

Lesson Learned

I have two words. Soap Eggs. Sound gross? I think so too. Let me tell you a tale of a valuable lesson I learned this morning.

This morning I quickly made Matt a ham & swiss omelette and then headed out on my morning walk with my parents. When I got back, I decided a ham & swiss omelette was sounding good to me as well. So without thinking, I took the glass bowl and fork (that I used to make Matt’s omelette) out of the sink, cracked my eggs in and made up my omelette. As I was sitting down enjoying my breakfast, I kept thinking, “is that my soap I can taste?” I think I smelled my hands 5 times between bites as I was trying to figure out how I was tasting my soap. I couldn’t remember if I washed my hands when I got home from my walk, but I kept thinking, “Wow, that is definitely soap.” However, I am pregnant and I was hungry. It wasn’t until I had two bites left that I decided to investigate. I looked in the sink at the bowl and fork I used to beat the eggs and low and behold, what did I see? I saw soap suds. Soap suds in the same bowl I put my eggs in. And then I smelled it. There was definitely some hand soap in the bottom of that bowl! So yes, this morning I had omelette ala vanilla, sugar hand soap.  

Why oh why did I not just reach into the cupboard and get a clean bowl you may ask? That, my friends, is the question of the century. Lesson learned, always use clean dishes.     

3 comments:

  1. Oh meggy you are too funny! I know exactly what you were thinking - one less dirty dish. I do the same thing, except I remember to wash the dish out first. We'll blame the absent mindedness to your pregnancy : )
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I do the same thing, but yes I too try to remember to at least rinse it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cute girl! Of course I remember you, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. That meant so much to me! I love that I know have your blog to keep up with you guys. Congrats on the upcoming baby, you are seriously like the cutest pregnant women I've ever seen! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy.

    And Chicago! Are you serious!!! I'm so excited. I would so love to have you guys move into our ward. Do you know where you are planning on living? We are so in love with this city...never thought it would happen but it has! Let me know if you need any help or have any questions. I know before we moved I was desperate for help because I knew like nothing about the city!

    ReplyDelete