My body has been preparing me for interrupted sleep for the
past 9 months. I think the moment I found out I was pregnant I have been waking
up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Mostly I only had to wake up
once or twice, on bad nights I would wake up three times. Lately though, my
body is really wanting to make sure I am ready.
Last night I woke up every two hours. Isn’t that crazy? I
went to bed at 8—yes I was exhausted—and woke up at 10, 12, 2, 3, 5, and then I
finally got out of bed at 6:45. That is five times I had to wake up to use the
bathroom! This little guy must have his head RIGHT on top of my bladder. Talk
about weakest bladder control ever. I guess it’s my fault though. Every time I
wake up I feel like I haven’t drank anything in YEARS and I chug an entire
water bottle…so it is no wonder I wake up only a few hours later. I do pride
myself though at my ability to fall right back asleep. I hope this talent stays
with me once the baby comes. If I can get up, nurse, and fall right back to
sleep I might actually keep some of my sanity. I guess it’s the baby I need to
worry about falling back to sleep…hopefully he gets my talent as well.
So after a much interrupted night, I got up and experienced
a pregnancy first. Of course I was completely parched so I went downstairs and
drank two glasses of water. I must have drunk at the wrong time because I threw
up. Five times. Typically nausea doesn’t hit in pregnant woman for the first
time in her third trimester but I guess I am changing things up. Actually I don’t
think I was really nauseous. I think I just drank in the middle of a
contraction and my stomach wasn’t going to have it. Oh the joys of being 8 ½ months
pregnant.
Despite my little
episode, Matt and I had a great morning. We shared this delectable item for
breakfast.
Picture from ourbestbites.com.
Since there are only two of us, I used a 9x9 pan (instead of 9x13) and halfed the recipe. We still had oodles left over. Maybe next time I will fourth the recipe and bake it in a bread pan. It was delicious and easy though. I highly recommend it to any breakfast lover.

that looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI am also pretty good at falling back to sleep, but it is indeed the baby that is the problem haha somedays she'll fall asleep before she's finished eating then sleep for hours more, other days we're up for 1.5 hours
Megan your story from yesterday is hilarious.. I am going to call you in a sec! I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep last night from waking up so much. I really believe that all that really IS to prepare you for when baby comes! I got up last night 4 times with Ava. I'm sorry about the puking... I think you are getting so close to having your baby!!!! Also, I want to make that for breakfast tomorrow. Yum.
ReplyDelete