Friday, January 4, 2013

Maternity Formal Gown

This post is a few months over due. Back in September I needed a formal gown for dōTERRA's Gala. I kept putting it off because I had no idea where I was going to find a formal maternity gown and I had no idea how big I was going to be when the night of the Gala came around. When I had about two weeks until the Gala I realized I better get working on finding a dress.

That is when I remembered by good friend Kylie had her wedding dress and most all her high school dance dresses made by a darling seamstress, Jessica. I met Jessica first when I had a fitting for my bridesmaid dress for Kylie's wedding.

She made all these dresses, isn't she amazing?

 So I called her up wondering if there was any way she could squeeze a quick maternity formal gown into her schedule. As luck would have it, she was between brides and had some availability!


In two weeks time Jessica was able to put together this beauty of a dress. It was exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find anywhere!





It fit my belly perfectly and made me feel elegant and beautiful even with an emerging baby bump. (I say only emerging because I look back now and think I looked so tiny then. My real baby bump has certainly made its appearance in the last few weeks.) It's amazing what Jessica can do. You can see more of her work on her website here.

1 comment: