Friday, January 4, 2013

Rewarding Patience


I am not a patient person. When I get a project on my mind, I want to do it now and complete it right away. This is why I am not the best 'crafty' person. Most crafts force you to wait in between steps and I hate that.

Well putting our nursery together certainly was an endeavor of patience. And now that it is all completed, I am so happy and grateful that Matt is a patient person and helped me see that I would love it so much better if we didn’t cut any corners.

Our biggest project in this room was the walls. They had lots of holes in them and stains in a few places. We had everything set up in the nursery and began to hang pictures when I broke down and told Matt I really wanted the walls to look nicer. We had some extra paint that was an exact match in our garage, so I was thinking we could do a quick patch up that day and then that evening put everything back together.

Well, like all projects, it wasn’t that simple. The paint was an exact match, but because the room hadn’t been painted in probably a decade, the paint was much more shinny than what was on the wall previously. And we didn’t have enough paint to do the whole room. This is when I told Matt, oh it looks so much better, it doesn’t matter if you can see where we patched the walls, let’s just go with it.

He wasn’t having any of that though, and I am so grateful. We decided that on New Years Eve we would go to the paint store and get more paint to just do the whole room. Well I waited all weekend and was so excited Monday morning to finally be able to finish the room! To my disappointment, the paint store was closed Monday. And it was closed Tuesday. Luckily Matt and I had so much fun over new years that I didn’t have too much time to dwell on my unfinished nursery.

Wednesday after work Matt finished painting the nursery and the walls look beautiful! No  holes or stains anywhere. 

The picture on the wall is of Yankee Stadium. Matt's mom gave it to us for Christmas and we love it. Also, I love that I have a diffuser for the nursery. Call my obsessed, but I can't wait to diffuse lavender and On Guard essential oils for my baby. 

Yes, that is our cardinals baseball bear in the crib keeping it warm for our baby.


Not the best picture, but you can see the dresser Matt's Aunt gave us. It is the perfect length and height to double as a changing table.


 And the baby's closet. We have already been spoiled by family and friends. Our little guy is going to be dressed well, that is for sure. 


The other corner of the room will have our glider, but we are keeping it in our room for now since the baby won't start in the nursery anyways.

And did you notice? 
No holes or stains in the wall. It was well worth the wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment