Friday, November 18, 2011

Sad News

Nordstrom at the University Mall in Orem is closing its doors February 2012.

I know, I didn’t believe it either until I actually read it. 
Read the unfortunate news here.

This makes me sad.  So very sad.

I don’t know why exactly, but it just makes me sad.

Maybe it is pathetic how sad I am over this.

I have memories of shopping with my high school best friend there.

I have memories of school shopping with my sisters there.
I have memories of picking out Christmas presents with Matt there.

I REALLY wanted to make more memories over the coming years there.
I love parking next to Nordstrom every time I go to the mall. 

I love walking through Nordstrom and looking at all the pretty things.
Now I will have to drive to Fashion Place.

I hate driving up to Fashion Place. (I really don’t hate it.  I just hate it right now.)
Mr. Nordstrom, I sure hope you are happy and make millions of dollars with your new store in SLC.

Maybe I am being a little dramatic.  Okay, maybe I am being very dramatic.  Maybe I’m even having ‘bratitude’ as my family would label it.

Nordstrom has been a large anchor store for the University Mall.  Not only has it employed hundreds in our community over the years, but it has also attracted many other large, national retailers to open their doors in the University Mall.  
With Nordstrom gone, who will be next to leave? 

I have memories of a completely deserted mall I visited while in Mississippi.  It seriously didn’t have ANY national retailers and only a few open stores.  Open stores I have NEVER even heard of.  This can’t happen to our University Mall!

The old Dillards is still sitting vacant.  Is Nordstrom going to sit vacant for years to come too?  Only time will tell.
**Tender mercy in all of this sadness: Bare Escentuals (my favorite make-up store) opened a store of their own in the University Mall this past fall.  They used to only have a booth in Nordstrom.  I thought it was weird they would open a store of their own when they were already in Nordstrom.  I guess it all makes sense now. 

Thank you Bare Escentuals for not giving up on our community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment