Friday evening I went to a primary dinner/training for all the primary teachers. Since my mom is the primary president and my dad had to be at the dinner anyways to help her, he happily volunteered to 'represent' Matt at the primary dinner so that Matt could go with my brothers to the BYU basketball game. Matt's good friend Craig Cusick was able to start in the game, so it was great that Matt could be there. Back to the primary training--I enjoyed learning from my mom at the training and visiting with my dad over dinner. Sometimes people ask if I like living next door to my parents, and my answer never changes. I absolutely love it. I love being in their ward and being able to see my mom do her best to magnify her calling each week. She is such a wonderful example to me.
Then my night got better, because my husband came home from the basketball game and it started to snow. First snow fall of the year. It is always magical and absolutely beautiful. Together we went to see the new Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn. Matt is such a great sport, he didn't complain once. Although he did ask a few too many questions during the movie. I guess if you haven't read the books four times through and seen all the movies, it can get a little confusing. The best part of our Breaking Dawn experience was when we woke up this morning, Matt said, "I still can't believe he imprinted on her." haha It just made me laugh. I could possibly do a whole post on the movie itself, but I won't. All I will say is that her wedding was absolutely stunning. It was my favorite part of the whole movie.
This morning I woke up completely refreshed at 7:20. I love mornings like that. While Matt got ready to go to school to study, I made us some pancakes, bacon, and eggs. A perfect Saturday morning breakfast. Then I spent the morning cleaning, doing laundry, and putting up our Christmas decorations. All to Christmas music. Then I braved the grocery store full of eager Thanksgiving shoppers to pick up groceries for our coming week. When I got home and put the groceries away, I sat down to a warm cup of hot chocolate and put in The Holiday.
Such a perfect Saturday. Such a perfect weekend thus far.
Tonight Matt and I are braving the cold and going to the last home BYU football game with my family. I may be hoping it is a blow out so that we can leave at half time. :) But I am excited.
Today I am grateful. I am so grateful for the simply things of life that bring so much happiness.
Our Christmas Trees. Not many people have two, but our place isn't big enough for a big one, so two small ones are perfect.
A view with our stockings.


Sounds like a wonderful Saturday!!!! And way to go with the Christmas Decorations. I am so excited to put ours up. Where did you get the stockings? Oh, I forget you guys had Christmas married together last year. But still where did you get them? I need to get some for us. I'm so excited to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks Erica! I got our stockings at Bed, Bath, and Beyond last year. I am pretty sure I got them with a gift card from our wedding, but I remember thinking how cheap they were. I can't wait to see you in a couple days!
ReplyDelete