Now that I am a week late at posting about our Halloween weekend, I feel like it has came and is now LONG gone! I even had Christmas music on this morning. Yes, I know I know, I read all the facebook posts about how Christmas music isn't supposed to be allowed until after Thanksgiving. BUT, I LOVE Christmas music and a month of Christmas music isn't enough for me. So I admit it, I LOVE Christmas music after Halloween.
Anyways, this is why it feels so weird making a Halloween post. But we had a great weekend and it deserves some blog post recognition.
On Friday night we watched the Cardinals win the world series. Okay, so not Halloweeny yet, but this was an exciting night in our home!!
Saturday I spent the day cleaning/doing homework and then we went to the BYU Basketball game that evening. Okay, so maybe we are not that festive because this wasn't in Halloween spirit either. Just wait for it....
Sunday I woke up and felt I just HAD to do something in the Halloween spirit or else I was going to bust. After seeing all the creative Halloween food ideas during the week, I decided I was going to make candy corn sugar cookies. Now I am not the best at baking, in fact a couple weeks ago I set out to make a beautiful layered chocolate cake to only have it ruin and turn into cake bites. After that I vowed it would be a couple weeks before I got adventurous in the kitchen again. So really this took some courage to try a new cookie recipe, but I could not have been more happily surprised. I am convinced this Candy Corn sugar cookie recipe is fool proof.
The recipe has great pictures of the step by step process of making these, but here are my results.
Cutting out my 'candy corn'
Dipped them in chocolate and then whatever type of sprinkles I had around my house.
Okay, really whatever kind of sprinkles my mom had at HER house.
Big perk of living next-door to Mom and Dad. :)
We dipped them in coconut (my favorite) and Halloween Sprinkles
We then wrapped them in plastic wrap- nothing but high class over here! :)
We had fun delivering them to our families and grandparents that evening who live around here. It was a great excuse to stop drop by on Halloween-eve.
In all honesty, that was about all Halloweeny as it got around here this year.
On Monday, Matt began his week of tests and we were both at school until past 7:00.
I was grateful we don't have an actual 'front door' this year so that we could study Monday night.
What a party pooper I know. But unfortunately college doesn't recognize Halloween as a real holiday and give us time to celebrate!!
We did go over to my parents for a little bit (to see my cute little sisters dressed up as dorks) and I even answered their door once.
There's to Halloween this year.
Holiday Season we are ready for you!




So Im guessing my candy corn cookies are in the mail right? ;) Just kidding. They look delicious though!
ReplyDeleteI am glad the one time you answered the door is when I was there :) So good to talk to you.
ReplyDelete