Blake went in for his 4 month checkup at 4 1/2 months and we discovered he is our little boy with a giant head. He was in the 29th percentile for height, 33rd percentile for weight, and 74th percentile for head circumference! I believe he weighed 15 lbs and is 25.5 inches long. The doctor isn't worried about his weight/height. He said that's just a product of genetics...aka it's all our fault. Haha we don't mind though, we still think he is the cutest kid around.
And he is developing right on track.
He started rolling over a few weeks ago and recently he has been able to roll all the way around. (Back-stomach-back) But Blake truly doesn't love rolling over. He does it just enough to remind us that he can.
Right now he is getting anxious to sit all by himself. Every time I go to lay him down he lifts his head up and tries to sit up.
His new favorite thing to do with his hands is to scratch. He loves scratching the back of his head. I don't know if he is itchy or if he just likes the sound/feeling of it. He also loves to scratch my back when I'm nursing him. I guess that's his way of saying, 'Thanks mom! You make the best milk!'
We slowly started solids with him two weeks ago. We have started with rice cereal and he loves it. We also tried banana and he wasn't thrilled. I think it had too much flavor. I'm excited to try some mashed veggies.
He is still swaddled at night but he barely fits in his wrap and is really good at getting out of it. I think we are going to start phasing it out soon.
We are getting on a napping/sleeping schedule and it is wonderful! Blake pretty much set it himself, so it's pretty easy to follow it since it's what he likes. We start getting him ready for bed at 6:30 and he is down at about 7:00, he usually wakes at 2:00 for a feeding and then at 4:00 starts to get in a lighter sleep and wakes up needing his binky, and then he is up for good at 6:00. He then goes down for his first nap at 7:30-8:30, second nap from 9:30-11:00, and a third nap at 1:00-2:00.
He is definitely teething right now. We see a little one coming up and Blake has woken up screaming the last couple nights so we are excited for it to officially cut through!
His favorite song is 'The Wheels on the Bus.' That one gets a smile out of him every time.
He has always loved story time but he is getting more interactive with the books and likes to pound on them as I read.
And of course he likes to still put absolutely everything in his mouth!


HE IS SO CUTE!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete