So since I last updated, we have done a few more fun things.
First off, I hang out with my friend Jessie and her daughter Clara a lot. And every time we are together I just love it. We like go to lunch (and eat good food), go shopping (at some of the most incredible places I have ever shopped at), explore different farmers markets, and play with our kids at the park. Last week we also took a trip to Costco. See, we do lots of fun things together. And the best part is that we are at the same stage of life, okay Clara is 14 months so she is a bit ahead if me, but that means we have so much to talk about! Jessie is my Chicago life saver.
At the farmers market eating a yummy buckwheat crepe filled with parmesan, turkey, and pesto.
Sleepy babies! We wore them out.
Last Wednesday evening, after I got Blake down, a few of the girls in the ward came over for a girls bachelorette night. Earlier that day Matt figured out how to steam ESPN on his iPad, so he wasn't one bit sad to go into our room and catch up on the sports world. I wish I have a picture of us all, but all I have is this picture of some popcorn. :) But it was yummy white chocolate popcorn with M&Ms in it.
Matt's happy moment when he got ESPN.
Then last Saturday, Matt, Blake, and I went to the Field Museum. We think we like zoos and aquariums better where there are live animals instead of just stuffed ones, but we had a great time and learned more about our beautiful earth.
The coolest exhibit we saw was of ancient Egypt. They had real mummies and tombs from Egypt. That's kind of creepy that they were real mummies but cool at the same time. I told Matt how I mummified a pigeon in my 7th grade science class at shanghai American school and he thought it was really gross. But at least I could explain the mummification process to him. :)
And of course our little boy Blake continues to be the cutest thing ever in our humble opinion. He has enjoyed trying new foods and I still haven't found something he doesn't like! He has tried avocado, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, pears, spaghetti sauce (just a little), and yoghurt. He likes it all! He actually doesn't like the sweet stuff like bananas as much. Go figure.
And here he is in his Roma shirt grandma and grandpa sent from Italy. He truly wanted to eat the plastic writing.
And our most recent accomplishment... Sitting in the grocery cart!
And that brings us up to date... Well almost. Two days ago we moved to our second apartment of the summer. This means I'm no longer Jessie's neighbor and that makes me so sad. We are 10 minutes north so you better believe I'm still going to be down playing with her and Clara all summer long!











No comments:
Post a Comment