I wasn't sure how our craft time would go, he is just 13 months after all, but we had a surprisingly fun time! We started with finger paints. Blake loves standing up to our coffee table so I put a huge towel over the table and then layed a long piece of butcher paper down. This meant Blake could really be free to spread the paint around. After I warmed him up to the paint, I quickly slathered some red paint on his hand a placed his hand print on each of the valentines. He really didnt love the feeling of wet, gooey paint on his hands but he was a trouper.
We then brought out the markers and I let him draw a little 'picture' on each valentine. He loved this. He is really liking to trying to color right now. And he likes eating the markers. It's a full time job keeping things out of this boys mouth!!
And what's a valentine without stickers? Yes, Blake had fun helping me choose stickers to go on each one. He thought it was really funny when I would put a sticker on his face, arm, etc. He struggles finding them when I put them on his face. It's really funny.
Here they are in all their glory. Nothing fancy, but they truly were made with lots of love by Blake with a little help from mom. This little project made me excited to have more craft days with Blake. He loved having the freedom to just get messy and do what he wanted.
After a quick bath and a clean outfit we had a little impromptu photo session because I thought it would be cute to include a couple wallet size photos of My handsome toddler (seriously... where has my baby gone?!) in the valentines. My 16 year old brother was home for lunch from school and saw me taking pictures of Blake. He laughed and said I should enjoy this time because a day will come when Blake won't let me dress him in cute clothes to take pictures anymore.
Here are a few of my favorites. By this time, Blake was ready for his afternoon nap so I snapped as many as I could in just a few minutes.









These pictures of Blake are all so cute! I love having a little boy and dressing him up... It will definitely be a sad day when they won't let us anymore :(
ReplyDeleteWow! Super cute Valentines and pictures. Love them! My kids wont hold still long enough... how do you do it???
ReplyDelete