Saturday, February 1, 2014

Family Date & Other Things

At about 2:00 on Friday afternoon I texted Matt and kindly informed him he was taking his wife and baby on a family date as soon as he got home from work. It had been far too long since I put extra effort into getting ready and I firmly believe every girl needs to feel extra pretty every once in a while, and so I made the perfect excuse for me to do so! I curled my hair & even put on a cute pair of heels to go with my outfit. That's really dressing it up for me. I'm strictly an only-wear-heels-to-church type of girl. I even put Blake in a snazzy little outfit and we were all ready when our handsome date walked in from work to take us out on the town. 

Matt looked up a few new restaurants (we haven't been out in a while so who knows how 'new' they really are...) located on center street in Provo. They always have a fun variety there. He choose Station 22. It did not disappoint. We arrived at the perfect time, 5:45, and didn't have to wait for a table. Always a plus with an energetic baby. Matt ordered a burger, I had a club sandwich, and Blake had some mac & cheese. Everything was delicious. Next time we will try one of their hundred sodas. We usually are not soda people, but they have tons of fun bottled soda options that we didn't find out about until we were finished eating. 

Later that evening, after putting a tired baby to bed, we finished our date by watching 'Mitt' a documentary on Mitt Romney that can be watched on Netflix. It was extremely well done and I even found myself hoping he would win the election even though I clearly already knew the outcome. I really feel that we as America lost out on an amazing opportunity to have him as our president. Enough said, what's done is done. However, if you do have the chance to watch it, I highly reccomend it!

Looking back I should have taken at least one picture of us enjoying our evening, but I made a conscious decision not to take my camera. I wanted to fully enjoy our night and not waste any time looking through the lense of the camera. Sometimes it's nice to just enjoy the moment without the pressure of capturing it for later. This was definitely one of those nights. 

Now onto the 'Other Things'

I led the music at a baptism for a boy in my ward today at our local stake center, the same place I was baptized 14 1/2 years ago. It brought back really special feelings. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life!!

I started reading this series this morning! I'm already hooked. 

Our friends who lived in China with us, the Brenchley's, came to visit our family tonight. We had dinner at the country club and enjoyed catching up. I can't believe it's been 8 years since we moved back from China! 

And then our night was finished at the highschool where we watched my little sisters play basketball. Both Kelsi and Alysa are really strong players and my dad does a great job coaching them. 








We are exited for the Super Bowl tomorrow! We will be cheering for the Sea Hawks, although we truly don't have strong ties to either team. It should be a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment