Sunday, October 16, 2011

1 Year down...FOREVER to go!

Matt and I had such a wonderful day on Saturday celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary.  Matt knew this day was important to me and really wanted me to have a relaxing, enjoyable day, despite the many days I told him this was OUR day not just MY day.  We spent Friday night getting all of our homework done so that we wouldn't have to think about it the next day.  Such a good idea.  I truly cannot relax if I have homework to get done.  We then stayed up late watching the best chick flick-- "Something Borrowed".  I found it so funny!

After a little sleep in, Matt arranged for me to get a facial, mani, and pedi while he worked a couple hours for his dad..  What a thoughtful husband!  I felt truly pampered after all of that.  I had never had a facial before.  Let me just say it was heavenly.  We then went to our all time favorite restaurant for lunch-- Cheesecake Factory.  Usually we always have to wait forever to get in, but we literally waited 2 minutes to be seated.  It was incredible.  We shared an appetizer of nachos and then also shared an entree.  After our nachos, we were both stuffed!! Our entree was absolutely delicious, but we were just so full that we brought the majority of it home for leftovers.  

We then walked around the Fashion Place mall for a couple hours.  We are both so excited for H&M to be finished!  Matt received some money for his birthday, so we had a fun time picking out some great items for him.  

We then went and did sealings at the Oquirrh Mountain temple. We contemplated doing sealings at a closer temple, but I am so happy we went to Oquirrh Mountain.  The memories of our wedding day were so vivid.  We did sealings in the room right next to the one we were married in.  We were able to peak into the room we were married it.  It is just as beautiful as we remember.  Everything about being in the temple was amazing.  There is no other place like it on earth.  Of course all temples are beautiful, however, I am partial to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  It has a bit of a woodsy look to it inside, yet it is adorned with class.  Words can't describe it.  It is just so beautiful.  I am so grateful we were married there last year.

After our time at the temple we returned home to share a dinner of 'tin foil dinners' with my family.  My mom then took me and my two little sisters on a 'mommy daughter date' to Color Me Mine.  Matt and I were planning to go there together that evening, but once we got home and he started watching some football, he was much more happy in front of the game with my dad and brothers then going to Color Me Mine, trust me. 

I made a vase and put our anniversary date on it at Color Me Mine. Hopefully it turns out as cute as I am hoping.  Pictures to come if it turns out!

Celebrating our 1st Anniversary was perfect.  We had such an enjoyable time together celebrating our love and marriage.



I LOVE this man, I LOVE this temple!
So happy knowing I get FOREVER with him. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the posts meg! I'm glad you guys had such a great anniversary! And I love the banner you made for Matt's B-day, look at you little miss crafty! You'll have to teach me your ways when I come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first year of marriage! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete