Sunday, October 16, 2011

Reminiscing on one of my favorite days.

October 15, 2010 Matt and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Oquirrh Mountain LDS temple.  Not another day has had so much significance or brought so much happiness into my life.  Some people say the first year of marriage is the hardest.  If that is the case, Matt and I are incredibly lucky because this year has been absolutely amazing.  Not only have we done so much and experienced so much together this year, we have grown in so many ways that I never expected.  I had high expectations for marriage and it has blown out of ball park every single expectation I had.

I loved our wedding day.  Everything went perfectly.  The temple, the pictures (Erin you ROCK!!), the weather (beautiful 70 degree day), the luncheon, the reception, our quick get away to our short honeymoon in Park City (we were both in school).  Everything went beautifully.  I remember waking up the morning we were getting married.  I was so excited, but nervous, just hoping everything would go okay.  And hello, I was getting MARRIED, so that was a little nerve racking all in itself.  After Matt's mom did my hair, he picked me up and we drove to the temple together.  I remember all my nerves going away as we drove up to the temple that day.  After we signed whatever forms they have you sign, we spent a little bit of time together in the Celestial Room.  Then as we were walking into the sealing room, some of my nerves came back.  I was actually getting married.  I doubted if I was really old enough to get married, if I was ready enough, if Matt and I will truly make each other happy.  As we knelt across the alter together, I gazed into his eyes and saw a look I had never seen before.  It was the look of pure, unconditional love.  It absolutely melted my heart.  I knew that no matter what anyone would ever say, I was old enough to get married because I was in the right place with the right man.  Our love for each other would bring us so much happiness, I just knew it.  And I was right, because it certainly has.


I love this picture of us right as we came out of the temple.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, October is a busy month for you guys! Happy anniversary Matt and Megan! The photo of you and Matt right in front of the temple is so gorgeous....and I love your dimple, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS pictures :) Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete