Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Moral of the story-- don't bet with your husband!

Most mornings Matt and I drive a caravan to school.  Our classes start at 8, but we need to leave school at different times in the afternoon so we can't go together.  This makes for fun phone conversations as we drive.  This morning as we were turning out of our neighborhood, I called Matt to remind him to watch the speed limit today.  On my morning run I saw a couple police officers on the side of the road waiting to catch people speeding.  Whenever I see one on the side of the road, I figure it must be the day they are on the prowl to meet their monthly quota.  (That may be 100% false, who knows if they actually even have monthly quotas, it's just what I have always thought...)  
Anyways, this brought up the discussion of what the speed limit is on State Street.  I was so positive that the speed limit was 35 and Matt was so convinced it was 40.  I could have sworn I learned in drivers-ed years ago that the speed limit was 35 in commercial areas.  Well, my confidence lead me to bet with my husband that whoever was wrong would make the bed for the rest of the week.  Then as the bet was settled, we drove past a speed limit sign.  And low and behold....the speed limit is:

40  MPH

Guess who is making the bed for the rest of the week? Yeah, that's right, ME.  Now, let's be honest, I am sure I was going to make the bed anyways.  However, the real frustration comes in losing a bet!  I love being right and hate being wrong.  Moral of the story--Matt was right this time.  Next time, it's my turn to be right.


1 comment:

  1. You should never bet with Matt! He ALWAYS wins. Then he rubs it in your face for about a week. :)

    ReplyDelete