(Matt's not pictured in any of the pictures below, but he helped all day as well...I think he was the photographer on a lot of these pictures.)
Me and Haley with some of the grapes.
Just some of the things we harvested from the garden.
My parents festive front porch with pumpkins and dried corn stocks from their garden. The biggest pumpkin weight 66lbs!
After we picked our harvest, we got to work bottling some of the produce. My dad took the beets, my mom took over doing the grape juice, Haley was in charge of the green peppers, and I took on the task of apple pie filling out of some of the 'bad' apples. The 'bad' apples work great because you can just cut around the bad parts and still use the good fruit. I didn't know how it would turn out, but the recipe I used was easy and worked great! The hardest part was peeling and slicing all the apples, but with the football games on it made for a relaxing afternoon. In the end, out of the 13 jars I made, only one of my jars didn't 'process' so I made it into a pie for Sunday dinner today.
Have I said I LOVE the fall? We have had the most perfect fall weekend!
You're a little domestic goddess!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love fall harvest! And you look amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute Megan. I love the apron. It is times like these that I really wish I lived next to the family!!! Well, of course I always think that would be nice to live closer. All the produce pictures and your pie make my mouth water.
ReplyDelete