Friday, September 21, 2012

Summer Memories 2012

I think it's safe to say we have officially entered the fall season. The leaves are starting to change colors on the mountains, football is in full force, the air is a little bit brisker each morning, and Halloween is just around the corner. I love this time of year and and the changes of weather it brings. But before I can fully embrace fall, I need to document some of our Summer 2012 Highlights.

In May we all traveled to Palo Alto, CA for Ethan's baby blessing. It was so great to be all together as a family for the first time since Christmas and to meet my beautiful neice (Erica's daughter Ava) and nephew (Robyn's son Ethan) for the first time. Between all the aunts, these two little ones certainly got plenty of attention!!


At the end of June, Robyn & Erica and their families came to Utah for Devin's farewell. He is serving his mission in the Taiwan, Tei Pei mission and just arrived in Taiwan this last week. We had a great time the week before he left on his mission just being together as a family. We also had some family pictures taken at that time by Erin Summerill. (She also did our wedding photos, we love working with her!)





Of course we celebrated the 4th and 24th of July with fireworks. The fireworks you can buy in Utah are getting a lot bigger and more exciting than they were when I was little. My dad put on a great firework show for us on both of those occasions.


Also in July, I turned the big 21. I am amazed at all I have been blessed with in the past 21 years and especially the last couple years. I am so grateful to be married to my best friend, graduated from a top university, and expecting our first child. Life has certainly been kind to me. 

Matt spoiled me on my birthday by giving me a beautiful rose gold Michael Kors watch and taking me out on a special date. We went to a tepanyaki dinner (my favorite!) and then to Crazy for You at the Hale Center Theater.   



At the beginning of August, Matt's dad, Olga, and Katie came to town and he spoiled us by taking everyone up to Sundance to see Seven Wives for Seven Brothers. 


Golf. Our summer consisted of tons and tons of golf, but if you ask Matt, it didn't have enough. 






Matt even got a hole in 1 this summer. If you are a golfer (or married to a golfer) you know that is a once in a lifetime experience. He was a happy boy. 


As the primary music leader my summer consisted of MANY music planning Sunday mornings. 2:00 afternoon church has not helped my procrastination. This particular activity had the kids pick out 'key' words from the song and then stand, clap, sit, or omit the key word. 


Despite the unhappy look on his face, we enjoyed many nights out at Trafalaga playing mini golf and enjoying the batting cages.  


Most recently, we have enjoyed LOTS and LOTS of football. We have BYU football, MV football (my sophomore brother Brady is starting varsity and my senior sister Haley is a varsity cheerleader), and even little league football (my youngest sisters Kelsi and Alysa cheer for them). And then after all those games, we come home and guess what? There is Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football. Let's just say as excited as I was for the football season to begin, I may be losing interest in the sport. However, I love watching my sisters cheer. Kelsi and Alysa are pictured below. Alysa (my 9 year old sister) is the flyer in the middle. I'm amazed at those two little ones!!



Well this post certainly has a whole lot of everything in it, but that's just what our summer was, a whole lot of fun, summer memories that will hopefully last forever! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the post. Fun summer! The absolute best parts of your summer involved seeing me, I am sure : )
    Love all the pictures. That picture of Kelsi and Alysa cheering is so cute and wow Alysa has some guts! Hopefully those girls don't drop her!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete