Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Growing Belly


Well we all know that when someone is pregnant their belly begins to grow. It really is no secret. But let me tell you, when it is YOUR OWN belly that is doing the growing, it does come as a little bit of surprise. There have been so many nights during the past couple months that I have starred at my belly in amazement that it is getting growing and getting big. Last night I told Matt I am turning into a snow man because I have a very round mid-section going on.  As the kind, loving husband he is he told me I was NOT turning into a snow man….then a couple minutes later he commented, “your stomach really is getting big.” It’s okay though, the growing belly thing is all a part of having a baby. So in honor of embracing the growing belly, here are pictures documenting the growth. (Don't mind my lovely bathroom/phone camera shots...)

8 Weeks

 12 Weeks

 16 Weeks

 18 Weeks

19 Weeks 

 20 Weeks

21 Weeks

22 Weeks

I think it's obvious that between 16 and 18 weeks I definitely 'popped' and started showing a ton more. At this point, I truly don't know how my stomach will stretch any further!! Our bodies are certainly miraculous! 

On a different but related note, our little guy certainly is active. I love laying down at night and feeling his kicks and punches. When I feel him move I feel so peaceful, it makes me have confidence that he is okay in there. Last night Matt and I watched my little sisters Kelsi and Alysa cheer at a little league football game and he would not stop kicking. It was the most we have ever felt him kick! I told Matt he just can't wait to get out and be a yell leader (boy cheerleader). Matt didn't find that too funny. He is going to make sure to shower his boy in all things sports. Oh, he must know I'm talking about him. I just felt a big one. :) 


3 comments:

  1. so cute, I love baby belly pictures! You sure did pop all the sudden, like you said. I like to lay there and feel baby move too :) so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan you are just glowing in all these pictures!! Your little baby bump has really popped out and you look so great!! You are a beautiful pregnant mama!!

    ReplyDelete