What
has changed is that when I see some commercial for food on TV or some delicious
recipe on the internet I tend to want it immediately.
However, my lack of desire to go get the desired item usually outweighs my
interest, the commercial ends or I switch web pages and what do you know,
craving ends.
However, every once in a while I come across something that my taste buds NEED. Sometimes I see a big juicy hamburger from Outback on a commercial and the next time Matt asks me what I want for dinner…you get the drift…we go to Outback.
Well yesterday I came across these evil little things. I was browsing many different dessert/snack ideas, you know, just for fun. Out of all the delectable treats I browsed, these were the ones that sucked me in.
However, every once in a while I come across something that my taste buds NEED. Sometimes I see a big juicy hamburger from Outback on a commercial and the next time Matt asks me what I want for dinner…you get the drift…we go to Outback.
Well yesterday I came across these evil little things. I was browsing many different dessert/snack ideas, you know, just for fun. Out of all the delectable treats I browsed, these were the ones that sucked me in.
Don’t these look amazing? Well… I don’t want to disappoint
you, but I didn’t make these exactly. If you do want to make these, you can
find the recipe here. They just were a source of guilty inspiration for me. You
see, as an expecting mother I feel much more money conscious and I didn’t want
to go spend $3 on a bag of white Reeces and another $1.50 on Reeces Pieces. So I just used what I had in my pantry, made a few adjustments to the recipe on my Chex box (including cutting the recipe in half, I can't have too much sitting around!), and came up with the perfect guilty pleasure to satisfy my cravings.
White Chocolate Muddy Buddies
4 1/2 Cups Chex Cereal
1/2-3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips (I like lots of chocolate...)
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (or just one scoop like I put in...)
1/8 Cup Butter (this is a 4th of the cube)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 Cup Powder Sugar
I think everyone knows what to do from here, but here are some simple instructions in case you don't know.
1. Measure cereal into a big bowl
2. In a microwave safe bowl combine white chocolate chips, peanut butter, & butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. It should be almost all the way melted. If not, put it in for 30 more seconds and then stir again. Once melted, stir in vanilla.
3. Pour over cereal and do your best to coat all the pieces of Chex cereal.
4. Put coated cereal into a zip lock bag, add powdered sugar and shake! (If you don't have zip lock, a brown paper bag works too. I promise, I used one of those yesterday.)
Last, but most important step, sit on the couch, wrap up in a warm blanket, put the whole bowl on your lap, and indulge in deliciousness all during your lunch break as you watch Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meal show on the Food Network.
Pregnancy cravings you say? No...I never get those. :)

Yum!! Those sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteP.s I am loving all your blog posts. Keep it up
Those do look so yummy. You are so funny Megan... Your description of pregnancy cravings is really perfect. I remember seeing a picture of some food and wanting it ASAP. Coleman was always very accommodating. :). Your muddy buddies look so yummy.... And way to go for making your own recipe! Love you!
ReplyDeletePs. I like all the blog posts too.