Monday, September 24, 2012

The BEST Banana Bread

This Banana Bread needs a little bit of a preface. I love ourbestbites.com, it is probably one of my favorite websites. They post new recipes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and I love seeing the new things they come up with. This last Wednesday, they posted a Banana Bread recipe that made my mouth water while I was sitting at work. It seriously looked to die for. I couldn’t wait to get home and try it! These thoughts are very common when I am looking at their website, but in reality I hardly ever make what I was dreaming about earlier in the day. Either I get home and find I don’t have ALL the ingredients and I certainly don’t want to run to the store or I just forget about it. This Banana Bread did not fall into that category, it sat on my mind and kept my mouth watering all through the weekend. By Sunday evening I just had to make it. I knew I had some old bananas sitting in my fruit basket. When our day finally wound down and I went to start making the bread, I was so sad to find I only had TWO rotten bananas. Luckily my parent’s fruit basket next door had one I could borrow.

If you are in the mood for some comforting, delicious banana bread this recipe is for you! Find the recipe here.  This picture is from Our Best Bites. (The recipe says to cook it for 45-60 minutes, mine took 55 minutes...)



When the bread came out of the oven it was even better than I imagined it would be! I have a confession, my banana bread didn't make it to the glaze stage. I took it out of the oven and couldn't wait for it to cool and then to add the glaze so I cut into it right away. I think Matt and I ate half the loaf last night and the other half this morning for breakfast. So if you don't have the time (or patience like me) know that this bread is amazing by itself but probably even more amazing with the glaze. 

As I was laying in bed last night I had the thought that next time I want to put the batter in muffin tins and then glaze them individually. Matt liked this idea. Oh the things we come up with during our pillow talk. 

2 comments:

  1. I saw this recipe and have been wanting to make it since. Now that you've made it successfully and love it I have no more excuses... I need to make it!!!! So you didn't use the glaze at all? Was the taste different from normal banana bread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the taste was more rich than normal banana bread. Because you caramelize the banana and then beat it until smooth, you don't have the banana chunks in your bread that are in normal banana bread. Some people may love those chunks (and I'm not against them), but I liked that this bread was very smooth on the inside. I am sure it is amazing with the glaze, good luck waiting for the bread to cool though to put on the glaze! The smell of warm banana bread is much too tempting for me!! Let me know how it goes if you put the glaze on when you make it!

      Delete